Flirc Forums

Nvidia Shield Pro setup, what am I missing?

georgewagner23

Just got my remote and i cannot get it to work with the Shield. USB dongle is plugged into the Shield, remote is programmed to only the Sheild. IR receiver is visible. I’ve rebooted, reprogrammed checked every setting I can think of and nothing, any advice. I looked at almost every post on here and haven’t found any solutions. 

20 minutes ago, georgewagner23 said:

Just got my remote and i cannot get it to work with the Shield. USB dongle is plugged into the Shield, remote is programmed to only the Sheild. IR receiver is visible. I’ve rebooted, reprogrammed checked every setting I can think of and nothing, any advice. I looked at almost every post on here and haven’t found any solutions. 

Is it programmed to Manufacturer: Flirc, Device: Shield?

Make sure ADB Debugging is off.

Not sure what you mean by "Is it programmed to Manufacturer: Flirc, Device: Shield?" , I don't see where you would setup up the Manufacturer. This is probably what I'm missing. I did check and ADB Debugging is off. 

Here is what I've done;

1.Plugged the Flirc Usb into my MacBook and updated firmware. Paired it with the Skip1s. 

2. Setup the Skip 1s with Nvidia Shield as the only remote.

3. Plugged Usb into shield

4. Push buttons.

Posted (edited)

I thought all the IR programming was done through the remote and USB just worked as an IR receiver. I've only ever used Logitech Harmony where the IR receiver was not programmed, just the remote. I honestly had no idea there was separate software for the USB and the Skip1s remote. I thought the software I downloaded worked for both units. I plugged the USB into my laptop but nothing happened. After your reply, I did some searching and found the USB software but still didn't see the drop down to set the USB for the Shield. Long story short, I feel really stupid but happy to get it resolved.

Edited by georgewagner23

Just now, georgewagner23 said:

I thought all the IR programming was done through the remote and USB just worked as an IR receiver. I've only ever used Logitech Harmony where the IR receiver was not programmed, just the remote. I honestly had no idea there was separate software for the the USB and the Skip1s remote. I thought the software I downloaded worked for both units. I plugged the USB into my laptop but nothing happened. After your reply, I did some searching and found the USB software but still didn't see the drop down to set the USB for the Shield. Long story short, I feel really stupid but happy to get it resolved.

That shouldn’t be necessary unless there was a firmware upgrade. I’ll look into it