Flirc Forums

Why So Limited?

YMD

New to the Skip 1s realm.  For the life of me I cannot understand why something so simple as the Home Button isn't already assigned with respect to a LG OLED C2/C3/G3 class of products.  The Home button is an essential command.  Considering the position of LG as a television mfg, what am I missing - - or what gives?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jason said:

Do you mean it didn’t get auto assigned?

Correct.  And to expand on this behavior, both the Home and Input buttons aren't assigned.  These are two key functions.

The Home button opens up the Settings function on my TV which isn't intuitive nor is is logical.  To be blunt... it's simply wrong.

I was able to get (these) more button assignments via the "old" LG canned remote you guys coded into the SW but they are a mess.

Looking through the Manifest of functions that can be dragged & dropped over, there isn't even a Home button to choose from.

I could probably go on and on but to keep things coherent, Home and Input (select) are two essential functions and I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something - being noob and all that.

Edited by YMD

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jason said:

You can always use the beta release and record your remote if you have the original 

Jason, Is there an online tutorial on how to "learn" or record functions into the Skip 1s when you do in fact have the original remote as a source?

The online Guide doesn't appear to show manual IR learning/programming support..

Edited by YMD

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2024 at 3:04 AM, YMD said:

New to the Skip 1s realm.  For the life of me I cannot understand why something so simple as the Home Button isn't already assigned with respect to a LG OLED C2/C3/G3 class of products.  The Home button is an essential command.  Considering the position of LG as a television mfg, what am I missing - - or what gives?

Everything works fine with the LG C1,2,3 Oleds. Just add Menu Home to whichever button you want to use and then sync.