Flirc Forums

Flirc+Harmony Elite+WMC+Kodi

ask_j

I just purchased Flirc USB and updated the firmware. I am trying to set up a Harmony remote for Kodi or any media player. My harmony hub is near the PC running Kodi with Flirc inserted in the USB port.

Here is what I did so far.

On Harmony App

1. Create a new device, enter manufacturer=Flirc, device name=Windows Media Center

2. Created a new activity named Play Kodi

When I tried going into Kodi, the following buttons didn't work, and I opened the Flirc UI, selected WMC, and checked the Harmony with the remote displayed on UI.

1. Play/Pause/OK - I tried erasing and reconfiguring these Harmony buttons using the Flirc UI, but every time they get mapped to Play.

2. Stop/Back/Exit - Similarly no matter what I do, they always get mapped to back.

In Kodi, I can stop a movie, or go to the previous menu.

Can someone please help?

Edited by ask_j

1. Play/Pause/OK - I tried erasing and reconfiguring these Harmony buttons using the Flirc UI, but every time they get mapped to Play.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say they get mapped to play? Are you in the Controllers->Kodi or Controllers->WMC?

What you are actually doing is pairing remote control buttons with keyboard keys. So inside the windows media center controller are the keyboard shortcuts specifically for windows media center. If you are using KODI those have different keyboard shortcuts and you should use that controller. If you want both, you need to add them both to the harmony. Does that make sense?