Flirc Forums

Remote Stuck/Bricked?

virtualshock

I was running the latest SkipApp on MacOS which did not ask me to update the firmware after several days of using it.  I was running a very old firmware 4.12.12 from Feb of 23.  I re-downloaded the SkipUpdate app and downloaded skip.1s.a06.release-4.12.21.bin.  The firmware update failed and now my remote is probably stuck in DFU mode.  The center light blinks red 3 times when you push a button.  I have tried removing batteries but it is not detected by SkipApp or SkipUpdate.  I have tried an older version of SkipApp also but no luck.  I also tried this on a Windows machine with no luck.  Does anyone know how to reset it?  @jason Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up on this in case someone else has the same issue.  My remote was bricked from using the SkipUpdate app so Jason has sent out a new one to me.  I also had another remote which would have been the same revision as the one that is bricked.  I was able to update it's firmware by following these steps :

Remove the batteries. Stop the GUI. Unplug any cable. 

• While holding the center and return key down, plug the USB C cable into the remote
  • If successful, you should see the ring blink 3 times if you press any button on the remote
  • Start the skipApp.

You should be prompted to upgrade the firmware. If it has the initial problem, the app wont see it, however, the remote will return to normal if you power cycle it.