Flirc Forums

Command line switch to disable IR receiver while "sendir" command in progress

ffwema

Inside a Flirc USB the IR transmitter and the IR receiver are physically very close to one another so the receiver picks up the transmitter's IR signal. Therefore, if a certain IR signal/pattern is paired with a keyboard key, the flirc_util.exe sendir --pronto/raw=<IR signal/pattern> command will also trigger the paired keyboard key, which is not always desired. Is there maybe a command line switch (or would it be possible to implement one) that would disable the Flirc's IR receiver (or ignore its input) while the sendir command is transmitting the IR signal (e.g. flirc_util.exe sendir --ignore)?

On 10/11/2023 at 5:32 AM, ffwema said:

Inside a Flirc USB the IR transmitter and the IR receiver are physically very close to one another so the receiver picks up the transmitter's IR signal. Therefore, if a certain IR signal/pattern is paired with a keyboard key, the flirc_util.exe sendir --pronto/raw=<IR signal/pattern> command will also trigger the paired keyboard key, which is not always desired. Is there maybe a command line switch (or would it be possible to implement one) that would disable the Flirc's IR receiver (or ignore its input) while the sendir command is transmitting the IR signal (e.g. flirc_util.exe sendir --ignore)?

I have new firmware that disable firmware on transmit. I'll post that very soon. 

• Like 1

Thank you for your answer and the planned firmware update. I think, however, that it would be best if both options were available (e.g. through the use of a command line switch). It is sometimes very useful, if you can capture the sent IR signal (e.g. to verify that the sent IR signal is as intended).