Flirc Forums

How to figure out Skip 1s state?

drebes

Hi,

I already get it that the A, B, and C buttons have no influence on control state, and that they only remap all the other buttons of the remote (so they are more "modes" than "activities").

But I'm a bit confused with the behavior of the power button: When setting up an activity, I can define explicit "Power Up" and "Power Down" sequences of steps.

Most of my devices have a power toggle button (versus discrete power state codes), so it is very important for me that the power up/down state of the remote matches the real state of the devices (otherwise devices will end up out of power sync state with the remote state).

How can I figure out from the remote interface if the remote assumes it is on the "up" or "down" state (and consequently if the behavior of pressing the power button should be to trigger the "power down" or "power up" action)?

If there's no way, is there any way for me to force an explicit action irrespective of the power state according to the remote, for example, always trigger the "power up" action on a short press and the "power down" action on a long press?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 12:24 PM, MacroMike said:

I would also like to see short and long press button options.  Sometimes this is the only way to properly choose a function without changing Modes.

Yes, long presses are on the road map, and better visibility into power up and power down are definitely coming.

After learning is done, we are going to work on smart activity switching. So you'll be able to press A->B and it will change the state of said devices with context. When we get here, we are going to engage with the community a lot, so please make sure to check up on the forums or subscribe to the mailer. I'm sure I'll send out notice asking for feedback on concepts.

• Like 3