Flirc Forums

No back button on Philips TV

Daniel
Go to solution Solved by c.dennis,

Hi.

I'm setting up my new remote with my Philips 50PUS7906. Everything seems to be working quite well out of the box (after finally being able to start the app, thanks!), but I can't seem to get the back button working. I'm kinda guessing which model is the correct. "Code Group 1" doesn't work at all, "Code Group 3" and "Code Group 4" both entirely seem to lack any back button, so the best shot seems to be "Code Group 2" which has one, but it has no effect on my TV. All other keys I've tried are working fine. Any ideas what to try next?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a similar issue but with discrete HDMI inputs for an LG TV (code group and specific models don't include the HDMI input signal). Without this the remote won't be of much good. A guide of how to find the signal and how to manually update the config JSON woudl be helpful in the near term.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rlively said:

A guide of how to find the signal and how to manually update the config JSON woudl be helpful in the near term.

Absolutely, that would solve the problem for me too. I did some digging in the forum into how to do it but I never solved the problem myself, so my remote has now half a year later never been used at all.

• 3 months later...

Just checking back a few months later... Is this something that will ever be fixed or would I be better off just putting this piece of hardware in the trash right away? Or am I asking in the wrong place?

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I also have a Philips TV (55pml9507_12) and in Skip I used "Previous Channel" from TV-Philips-Code Group 4 (TV) as the back button, works perfect for me.
Maybe this will also work for you.

Edited by c.dennis
typo

20 hours ago, c.dennis said:

Hi,

I also have a Philips TV (55pml9507_12) and in Skip I used "Previous Channel" from TV-Philips-Code Group 4 (TV) as the back button, works perfect for me.
Maybe this will also work for you.

Ah, unbelievable! That really works! I wonder if that button wasn't there when I fiddled around with this or if I simply missed, I remember going through all buttons that could be remotely related. Thanks a lot, finally this paperweight is usable!

Next problem is the lack of a dedicated pause button, really need that one. But that's material for another thread :-)

/Daniel