Flirc Forums

New Skip 1s - 2 questions

NowhereMan
Go to solution Solved by jason,

Hello, I've got my new Skip 1s mostly setup and I think this will be a suitable replacement for my Logitech Harmony, but I've got 2 questions

- In the On function for activities, the only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the LG OLED TV switching inputs. And it's odd because if I assign HDMI 2, etc to an individual remote button, it works as expected. Just not in the On sequence. Is there a reason for this?

- I have a FLIRC USB to control my PC, and my Nvidia Shield. Thing is, it appears the individual buttons for each FLIRC are making both devices "respond." How do I tie each FLIRC USB to the specific device? 

Thank you. 

• Solution
37 minutes ago, NowhereMan said:

Hello, I've got my new Skip 1s mostly setup and I think this will be a suitable replacement for my Logitech Harmony, but I've got 2 questions

- In the On function for activities, the only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the LG OLED TV switching inputs. And it's odd because if I assign HDMI 2, etc to an individual remote button, it works as expected. Just not in the On sequence. Is there a reason for this?

- I have a FLIRC USB to control my PC, and my Nvidia Shield. Thing is, it appears the individual buttons for each FLIRC are making both devices "respond." How do I tie each FLIRC USB to the specific device? 

Thank you. 

I think the TV needs more time to turn on, so make sure the power is first in the sequence, add a healthy delay by clicking on the TV ON button in the macro to expand it's settings, and then increase it experimentally and let me know what it ends up being if that works.

Regarding both devices responding. Seams both devices have been 'taught' the same codes or you are sending out the same code for both devices. It's the same as if two identical TV's are in the same room, they'll both respond. So to remedy, make sure to use different codes for each. You can add an arbitrary device that's not in your room to Skip, and then teach the other flirc this new device.

Let me know.

I've got the input switching taken care of; I was putting the delay on the input command rather than the power command. Switching it to the power command fixed it.

With the devices responding though, I guess I'm just not sure what the proper steps are to get it the Flirc USB connected to each device to only respond while that particular activity is active. This is my setup:

- Activity A is a PC with a Flirc USB connected that is used to 1) Wake/Sleep, and 2) a few keyboard/windows bindings like the arrows, enter, and a macro for Alt + F4

- Activity B is  an Nvidia Shield pro with a Flirc USB connected for Wake/Sleep, and Shield navigation.

It seems that any remote button that is mapped in either activity causes both devices to respond. I connected the Flirc USB that I have hooked to my Shield up to the PC and went through the automated process for the Shield Gen2, mapping the remote buttons to each command while having Activity B active. I assume that's where I'm messing up....I'm just not sure what the correct steps are. I guess I'm just not sure why both devices respond while I'm in Activity A or B because in the Skip activities I chose Flirc > Nvidia Shield Gen2 for the device in Activity B, and Flirc > Kodi for Activity A. 

The profiles you are adding on skip are already on flirc. You don’t actually need to learn/pair them. You are overwriting them. 

The one plugged into your PC, go to advanced settings. And disable all the built in profiles except kodi. 

For the one in the shield. Plug into the pc and go to advanced. Disable all the built in profiles except the shield