Flirc Forums

Intermittent connection with Flirc + Skip 1s + Nvidia Shield

nomotion

I have a few second latency on the Flirc USB where it does not recognize any commands for about 2 seconds.

My setup is a Skip 1s and Flirc USB in my Nvidia Shield. I programmed the Flirc USB to be the Nvidia Gen 2 controller. All buttons were programmed (for some reason the Menu button, its three horizontal lines, just programs itself without an input which is weird) and they work on the unit. After maybe 6 seconds or so the Flirc stops taking commands and essentially feels like its freezing. I typically just test this by quickly pressing left and right but it also occurs if i press it slowly too

Here are the things I have troubleshooted:

1. I have update the firmware on the Flirc
2. I have updated and tried the beta firmware on the Skip 1s
3. I have tried the Nvidia Gen 1 controller configuration
4. I have tried a different universal remote, not a very good one but it programmed to the Flirc, and the problem is worse
5. I have tried a second Flirc USB
6. I have tried point the remote directly up to the Flirc USB
7. I have tried an extender, which makes it laggier, and tried without the extender
8. I have tried the actual Nvidia Gen2 Remote and it works flawlessly without lag
9. I have tried a USB keyboard using a wireless dongle and it works flawlessly
10. Different USB port on the Shield

I think I've pretty much ruled out everything I can think of so I cam here for help. I originally started posting in the Skip side of the Forum but felt i ruled that out with using a different universal remote.

Any help is appreciated. Starting to suspect the Shield does not like infrared dongles

Edited by nomotion
another troubleshooting step

• 3 weeks later...