Flirc Forums

macro button only powering on/off some assigned devices, not all

Rocky2418

I just received the remote today (arrived very fast after being shipped!). Everything seems to be working well with it except for the macro power button. In my first activity, I have a TV, Roku Streambar, and HDMI Switch; in my second activity, all of the aforementioned 3 devices plus a blu-ray player. The problem is that it never seems to power on (or off, for that matter) all of the assigned devices - it only ever seems to register for about 2 of the devices on average, 3 tops for the blu-ray activity. And the issue doesn't seem to be specific to any device - on one press, it sometimes fails to turn on the blu-ray player, on the next press it turns it on (while turning off some of the other devices in the activity). Other times it's the HDMI Switch that fails to turn on with the first attempt. I have perfect line of sight to every device, and I always press the power button with the remote pointed right at the devices.

This is a big enough thing to happen regularly that it sort of ruins the experience. Any help would be appreciated.

I think I've narrowed down when the issue is specifically happening. The problem is mostly happening with the blu-ray player, and it seems to only be failing when I press the macro button's "Power On" function (but not "Power Off"). I have the blu-ray player's "Power Toggle" button in both the Power On and Power Off parts of the macro button. But when I press it the first time (to "Power On"), the remote turns on my TV, HDMI Switch, and Streambar - but not the blu-ray player. Then if I press the macro button the next time (triggering the "Power Off" set of commands), it turns the blu-ray player on (while turning off the other 3 devices). The next time I press it (this time it's Power On), the other 3 devices power back on, and the blu-ray player does not turn off - everything is now on. And finally the fourth time I press it (Power Off again), all 4 devices turn off.

So again, for whatever reason, the Power Toggle of the blu-ray player is failing to be recognized every time the macro's Power On commands are activated. But when the Power Off commands are activated, the Power Togger of the player is being recognized. I at least was able to pinpoint what is failing and when. And ideas would be appreciated as to why the blu-ray player's Power command is failing only in the macro button's Power On function.

I wouldn't necessarily say I've "solved" it, but I have gotten it to work fairly consistently by changing the order of the devices in the lists of Power On and Power Off commands. I thought it might help (though I had no clue if it actually would) to put the devices that were having issues at the top of the list - especially the blu-ray player. The HDMI Switch was the second most inconsistent. So I put the order: 1) blu-ray player, 2) HDMI Switch, 3) TV, 4) Roku Streambar. (The Roku Streambar seems to kind of always be on, or active, so that one's the least important.) And for my other activity, the same order - just without the blu-ray player. In my initial tests, it seems to be working. But I'll give it a few days to see if it continues to work consistently.