Flirc Forums

Red ring upon pushing any key

JeroenED

Hi,

First of all, I love my new remote. I was able to set it up so well I was able to pull the batteries out of my TV's and soundbar's one as wel being able to perfectly handle my HTPC and turning everything off and on.

This something strange happened. This noon I had to tweak a little bit of settings. Since I don't have a windows PC I had to go to my grandma and than drive half an hour home. Just to realize that my remote only gave a red ring. Sometimes 1 sometimes 3. Always about half a second (I think) I was able to recover it since I get along with my neighbors where I apparently had to update firmware and to configure it all again. That last one is probably only because my neighbors dont have my config. But I think I wanna know what happened and what I can do to have it again.

Probably low battery. Once you update you should lower the brightness of your LEDs to 20%. It should be fine and last a year at that setting. 100% is good for factory testing but not good in the long term. Please let me know.