Flirc Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jseymour

Macro Questions

I'm using Home Theater Master MX-500 universal remotes with Amazon Fire TVs (v2) and Xiaomi MiBox 3's.  One app we're using on both is the Channels client app.  A couple of functions, commercial skip and last channel are handled by rapid key-presses (D-pad "right" and "enter," respectively).  We can't key them consistently.  So I was thinking "Hmmm... Flirc macros."

What I'd hoped to be able to do is have the remote's "next chapter" (>>|) cause the Flirc to emit two D-pad "right"s and the "previous chapter" (|<<) to emit two D-pad "enter"s, but I want the D-pad's "right" and "enter" to function normally.

If I'm reading the flirc_util documentation properly, it looks like this is not going to be possible, but I'm not certain.

Btw: Is Macro Usage -> Example 1: "hello" correct?  It show repeated use of "flirc_util record <letter>", as opposed to "flirc_util record <letter>", followed by multiple "flirc_util record_macro <letter>"s.

I think it should be followed by multiple record_macro calls. But I don't have a way to check it right now.

Lacking any feedback, I finally simply tried what I'd hoped to be able to achieve and verified, for myself, that it will not work.