Flirc Forums

Problem with Kodi Profile's "Page Up" / "Page Down" commands

cutter

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with the built in Kodi profile of Flirc and Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote. I added flirc as a device to MyHarmony software, mapped the "Page Up" and "Page Down" commands to the respective remote buttons, but they don't seem to work. All the other default commands seem to work fine, so it seems that only these two commands are not correctly learned in the Kodi profile.

Can somebody please help me out with a way to correctly add / alter these two commands to the Kodi profile?

Hi yawor, thanks for your time. What I meant was that I believe that the Flirc profiles (Kodi and Full Keyboard) have the wrong commands for Page Up and Page Down themselves. I did what you said to to confirm that this applies to the Full Keyboard profile as well; Fired up Flirc GUI, went to Full Keyboard profile, pressed the Page Up button and then pressed the respective Page Up command on my Harmony Ultimate Remote. It recorded successfully but the result is the same; Kodi does not do a Page Up or a Page Down when I press the respective remote buttons.

Is there a way to teach the correct commands to the Flirc GUI profiles? Can I click on these two buttons on the profile, erase them and then simply press the Page Up and Page Down keyboard keys to reprogram?

Edited by cutter

I'm using page up and down keys from keyboard controller just fine on my Raspberry Pi 2 with OSMC/Kodi. I'm not using the built-in profile at all as I don't have Harmony, but you should be able to use built-in profile and record extra keys without problem.

In your case I would first confirm that the remote is actually sending any codes at all. Start up the camera app on your phone, point the remote at the camera and press a button. You should see bright flashes on the screen if the remote is sending anything. First try with a key that you know is working and then press the page up or down key to verify that they are actually sending anything.

Actually, I just noticed something else. After mapping the keys from the Flirc Full Keyboard profile to my Harmony, Page Down works but only for a single occurrence. Obviously, the Page Up/Down buttons in MyHarmony are configured for long press. The correct behaviour would be for Kodi to do Page Ups or Downs for as long as you kept the remote buttons pressed, pretty much like it behaves when you keep continuously pressing the Page Up or Page Down on your keyboard...

Can we somehow resemble that behaviour?  

I think that may be some problem with the profile on the Harmony itself. Are those page up and down buttons you've added from the Flirc/Kodi profile? Or from some different one? As I've mentioned above I don't have Harmony so I don't know how exactly this works.

Yes, they are the default Page Up / Page Down commands from the Flirc/Kodi device on MyHarmony. 

Would I be able to reprogram the Page Up / Page Down buttons on the Flirc GUI Full Keyboard profile? Can I just erase them and press the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons on my actual keyboard in order for Flirc to remap them / relearn them correctly?

Solved!

According to Logitech, it's not possible to issue continuous commands by pressing and holding the button, when you have assigned different functions for this button depending on whether you short or long press the button:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hub-Based-Remotes/X1-box-holding-down-page-up-down-button-doesn-t-scroll-through/m-p/1352505#M17478

Based on the above I assigned the Page Up command for both the short and long presses of the ChannelUp/PageUp remote button on MyHarmony and this fixed it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately your solution didn't work for me.

I had to use the Flirc GUI (using the full keyboard GUI controller) on my mac, and then record the PageUp/PageDown buttons on my Harmony Ultimate remote.

At first I used the MyHarmony desktop software to customise commands on the remote, eg: Menu button = Context Menu; Red = Context Menu (again); Green = Fullscreen; Yellow = Subtitles; Blue = Screenshot. Assigned all buttons with BOTH short and long presses. As I mentioned, the PageUp/PageDown didn't work in MyHarmony so had to use the Flirc GUI.

Works beautifully now.

FYI my HTPC runs OpenElec with Flirc. In MyHarmony, I added the Flirc device using Manufacturer = Flirc, Model = Kodi. Added an activity called 'Watch Kodi' and added only two devices: Sony TV + Flirc (no need to add HTPC as device).

I just purchased to Flircs and have the same issue, however, my experience is the page up and page down function perform the same action as cursor up and down. Changing the GUI to full keyboard and pressing page up shows the cursor up key flashing. Same with page down

So it seems like the wrong keys are stored in the Harmony database.

• 2 weeks later...