Flirc Forums

Windows Media Center skip back and forward

StephenR0

I'm trying to use the flirc to replace my MCE remote.  I've been able to associate ir codes with the keyboard shortcuts that Windows Media Center understands on Windows 7.  Everything works just fine except for one very odd circumstance.  Skip back and forward (control B and control F) don't work while watching recorded TV.  Those IR codes do work in the program guide, so they are being received and recognized.  But they don't work while playing recorded TV.  Also, control B and control F do work from the keyboard while playing recorded TV.  Apparently, Windows Media Center treats the flirc keyboard differently in this context.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

Hi StephenR0

we've had issues in the past with WMC not liking flirc sending ctrl+b at exactly the same time, especially as it's responding your keyboard shortkey just fine

The thread with the problem on is a bit old has more information on what Jason is doing with it:

Sorry I don't have a more immediate fix

Cheers,

Chris

I'm trying to use the flirc to replace my MCE remote.  I've been able to associate ir codes with the keyboard shortcuts that Windows Media Center understands on Windows 7.  Everything works just fine except for one very odd circumstance.  Skip back and forward (control B and control F) don't work while watching recorded TV.  Those IR codes do work in the program guide, so they are being received and recognized.  But they don't work while playing recorded TV.  Also, control B and control F do work from the keyboard while playing recorded TV.  Apparently, Windows Media Center treats the flirc keyboard differently in this context.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

I had this exact same issue. I can't comment on why, but programming the skip back and skip forward using the "Media Keys" interface in the GUI worked for me. Programming it with both the Media Center and Full Keyboard layouts didn't work. Hope it works for you too.