Flirc Forums

A good, simple, small remote? (for Flirc USB)

YaSo

I am planning on getting a Flirc USB unit for my Windows 7 media center PC. (soon to be Windows 10 when Win 7 support is end of life'd in 2020)  I would like to use it with something simple that would control play/pause, skip ahead/back, and volume. Mouse movement and left-right click would be a bonus but not 'needed'.

I do NOT want keyboard keys. (I have a few bluetooth keyboards and mice already) I also have a Harmony 650, but want something smaller and simpler.

What is a good, simple remote with basic media navigation buttons I could buy and use with a Flirc? A 2018 Fire Stick 4K with volume buttons? ($30) A Roku remote? ($18 for the older no-headphone model on Amazon) Older Apple TV remote with D-pad? ($12 on Amazon) Others? Do presentation remotes work as media center remotes? Any good ones of those?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Edited by YaSo
edited title

Follow up: I just got my Flirc USb device and an early Apple TV remote to use with it. The Apple remote is nice, at $12 dollars seems to be a good (very simple) remote to use with it. I have volume, skip, pause, fullscreen and mute set up.

I wouldn't mind a FEW more buttons, perhaps to switch audio and subtitle tracks and a few other things.

Does anyone have experience with the newest Fire TV 4K remote? Is it of decent quality to justify buying it? I am still looking for a simple to use, small remote with maybe 10-15 buttons max.

Thanks in advance for any replies.