Flirc Forums

Using Flirc w/ Fire TV and Harmony 650

DanVM

I am brand new to this forum and have not read any postings of yet but wanted to share my experience using the Flirc with the Fire TV and Harmony 650.

Some time ago I purchased an Amazon Fire TV and Flirc USB primarily to use with the Playstation Vue service. While I was very familiar with the Harmony 650 there were no instructions with the Flirc so it was an exercise in discovery to figure out how to program the remote to work with it. When adding a device to the Harmony remote you need to give it a brand and then a model number. After some experimentation, I learned that I needed to enter a brand of "Flirc" and a model number of "Fire TV". Once I programmed my activities and customized my buttons and screens all was good!

A couple weeks later I purchased another Amazon Fire TV and Flirc. I went through the same procedures but found that everything worked except the "Home" button. I then tried using the "problem remote" with the older Fire TV and it worked fine. I then put the new Flirc in the older Fire TV and it would not recognize the "Home" button! I downloaded and installed the Flirc software on my computer and looked for a firmware update. Buried under Advanced in the Flirc software I found the option to force a firmware update. I noted that both Flircs were at firmware version 3.6. I updated the new Flirc to 3.8 and the "Home" button worked! I then updated the older Flirc for good measure.

Hope this helped someone!