Flirc Forums

Help Mapping Color Key

kars85

I have a harmony one remote that I am trying to map the "Blue" button on the screen to shut off a Rasplex service (hyperion).  I have the shell script and keymap xml(s) in place on my Rasplex install, but it isn't getting invoked by the blue key on my Harmony One with the Flirc Device selected.  My thinking is that the flirc device doesn't know what the blue button does.

I don't know if I'm supposed to use a remote.xml with the following:

<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <blue>XBMC.System.Exec("/storage/hyperion/hyperionswitch.sh")</blue>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

Or a keyboard.xml with the following (I think this since the Flirc is a "virtual keyboard"):

<keymap>
  <global>
      <blue>XBMC.System.Exec("/storage/hyperion/hyperionswitch.sh")</blue>
  </global>
</keymap>

A last resort was to create a f15 keymap to the "Blue" flirc device button on my harmony with this keyboard.xml file:

<keymap>
  <global>
	<keyboard>
      <f15 mod="ctrl">XBMC.System.Exec("/storage/hyperion/hyperionswitch.sh")</f15>
  	</keyboard>
	</global>
</keymap>

As it stands, I've tried both, and when I press the blue button on the remote, the expected action doesn't work.  But when I invoke the shell script via SSH on the device I'm wanting to control, it works fine.

Any tips would be great, I can't seem to find anything within the Flirc UI on my computer to accomplish this :(

Edited by kars85
added information

Hi,

You need to take into account that Flirc is working as an USB keyboard. That means that you can only send keys you can actually press on a normal keyboard.

This means that:
1. You can't use <remote> section in the XBMC config with Flirc as Flirc is not visible as remote receiver but a keyboard.
2. You shouldn't use any F-keys above F12, as most (if not all) current keyboards don't have those keys anymore. There were some keyboards maybe 20 years ago with them :). That means that some systems won't even process such keys as a valid keyboard input. At least I've tested this on Windows and it doesn't work at all.

What you should do is to start up the Flirc GUI, select some key combination like ctrl + F12 for example and then record the blue key from the remote so Flirc know that when it receives the IR signal assigned to blue key on the remote it must send ctrl + F12 (or the combination you choose) to the PC.

After that you can map the function you want to that key combination in Kodi/XBMC.