Flirc Forums

Logitech 650 + Flirc seems laggy, slow and at the same tile double press?

kbaggen

Hi there,

got a Logetech 650 + FLIRC and use it for KODI on win7 PC. I use the FLIRC + KODI profile in Myhammony!

I have the issue that when I hit a key sometimes (like every second press) nofthing happens, and when I re-hit it, then now too much happens as it kind of suddenly double press then?

I have tried a bit chaning the inter-pressing time and other stuff, but it did not really help!

I have seen somewhere that back in time people used either Samsun og Apanasonic TV profile to overcome some issues (not sure if his was related to mine).

So question is then, should I use an other profil, e.g. Samsun TV profile, or should I go the way of really trying inter-key delay?

Other info,

seems to me the issues is less on new batteries?

And that if I in KODI  log all keys in the Keymap editor once again, it seems also to be less buggy, but never good.

So any ideas or just drumb the Flirc :-)

Edited by kbaggen

Hey all, this is my first post and I just recently started playing with my Flirc (have to give most of my attention to the lady). I downloaded the Flirc/Kodi set-up from MyHarmony and it has done wonders when it comes to using Kodi. I haven't noticed any lags and I would highly recommend the Kodi/MyHarmony set-up.

I have been trying to figure out the best avenue for setting up the Harmony 650 in order to remove the k400 (which is amazing but I'd rather not have more electronics lying around). Do I just pick the Panasonic tv (for MyHarmony) and the full keyboard from Flirc's GUI (map out the major buttons, seeing as I will only need to access applications pinned to the toolbar)?

Thanks! :D

PS: I love how this culture seems to mirror Kodi's in that the forums are always being used/modified. Thanks for everything you guys have contributed!

Assuming you don't actually have a Panasonic TV, then, yes, that will work.  in your case (replacing the K400), you just want to pick a device to mimic that you don't actually own (so key presses don't correspond to another device in your system).  Based on your toolbar comment, I'm assuming you are able to do everything you want without using the K400's track pad.  If that's NOT the case, you should look into mimicking a remote that has a mouse function--I don't know of one offhand, maybe someone smarter than me can chime in.