Flirc Forums

[solved]flirc disconnected, drivers not installed, win7

weirdinin

I ordered flirc because I've heard a lot of positive things about it. Got it today. Unfortunately I'm having many issues.

First, flirc software (1.3.6) asks to connect flirc despite the fact that flirc is connected. I tried it on two different pc's and in several usb ports. I installed flirc as admin.

Win 7 (64) says that there's something wrong with the drivers. See jpegs below.

85rM9wX.jpg

and

P89CCzt.jpg

motherboards of my two pc's are asrock h77m and asus p5q pro. I updated the usb drivers of asrock motherboard but that didn't do the trick.

Despite of those issues, flirc dongle seems to be receiving data since I can control kodi with harmony remote. I have harmony ultimate and I added a device in myharmony profile (manufacturer as "flirc" and model as "xbmc"), clickd next next next... and updated remote. But using flirc is horrible. It's very laggy, it takes like a second to respond and if I push for instance three times button "left", flirc receives at least 6 repeats.

Any ideas what could be done? Thank you for your help in advance.

EDIT I tried to install new firmware from gui but gui didn't allow me to do that. All options are grey and not accessible:

ZMUDPkk.jpg

EDIT2 Now i noticed that if flirc dongle is in usb port, gui crashes when trying to quit from gui.

Edited by weirdinin

Thank you, yes thank you! Now it's connected. Let's see if it actully works.

If anyone else is struggling with the same issue this is what I did: installed 1.3.7 gui as PeteNelis suggested. After that I manually tried to install drivers https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200984473. With 1.3.6 I couldn't install drivers, not manually or automatically but with 1.3.7 I could. Then I opened flirc gui and it asked me if I wanted to update firmware. I updated and vola, flirc was connected.

Edit: just wanted to say that flirc is fantastic! Now when gui is functioning, everything works like a charm! I'm very happy that I purchased the product.

Edited by weirdinin