Flirc Forums

What Am I Missing?

Drew C

I have a Skip 1 Remote and recently purchased a Flirc USB so I could control my Chromecast/Google TV (bypassing the BT remote the Chromecast comes with is my goal, I want to control Chromecast with my Skip 1). I've heard that a few people have been able to do this with success.

My confusion lies in the steps it takes to program the Skip 1 to communicate with the Flirc USB. Setting up the Skip 1 to control my other devices (TV, Yamaha AV/Receiver, Xbox) has been a breeze, but I can't seem to wrap my head around what it takes to execute this for Chromecast.

I bought this hub and currently have the Chromecast passing through it and it is also ready to receive the Flirc dongle: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CF224WX9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Just not sure what to do after this, what to program the Flirc USB with to receive the appropriate key commands for Chromecast. Obviously the presets don't include CC. 

Any assistance from others who have figured this out would be appreciated, thank you! I'm sure it's a simple solution, I just can't seem to wrap my head around it.