Flirc Forums

Sleep problems

ckiddo74

Hi there,

I have used flirc for quite a year or so in my ubuntu box (+XBMC+Harmony 900 remote), and never had problems with it. Recently, I decided to install Win7 instead, and managed to get everything working - except for the sleeping part. What is strange is that I manage to get the machine to sleep and wake with my remote without any issues as long as I wake it up within a few seconds/minutes.

If I leave it to sleep for say 30 min+, then I am not able to wake the machine up. I have to manually switch it on to wake my machine, and then I find that flirc is not receiving any commands (which is why it wasn't waking it!).  To get it to work again, I just need to open the gui, which then says "connected" and everything works. 

Can you help me figure out what is wrong?

=> Running firmware 3.1, gui v1.29

=> I have "sleep detection" on, "noise canceler" off, "builtin profiles" on, "sequence modifiers" off

=> Win7 with the latest updates

=> hybrid sleep: Off, set with S3 

=> I have disabled all USB root hubs to allow the computer to turn off the device to save power

=>  I have set the HID keyboard device (flirc) as the only device to wake the computer

Gabriel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for your msg.

I managed to sort this issue a week ago, but waited to report in this forum so that I could properly test it. So far I have had no problems.

The issue was the same as one user who reported having a harmony remote - somehow, flirc was being affected by several IR commands being blasted. Even though I have the latest firmware (3.1, gui v1.29), it seems it is still vulnerable to this issue.

So I installed a dedicated blaster just for flirc, so it is not affected by other IR commands. And from that day, the PC wakes up with my remote. :)