Flirc Forums

Sony Receiver Power Button

BackTrakt

Hi everyone, I just received my Skip 1s today and its been great. Only issue I have is that I can't get it to power on or off my Sony Receiver. I can control the volume oddly enough though. I've tried every STR profile and no luck. Its a Sony STR-DG710. 

Thank you in advance!

Another update. With more research in the forum I found how to record codes from the original remote with the Flirc USB. I followed to process with the power button, vol up/down, and mute. All volume controls work, but the power button still isn't. I'm stumped, any ideas?

EDIT: So I went to call it a night, and the remote turned off the receiver but could not turn it on. Then I recorded other codes while turning on the receiver with the original remote, but none of the different codes worked. Still stumped but at least I'm closer lol.

Edited by BackTrakt

23 hours ago, Miracle1980 said:

Sorry to ask... would you mind to explain me how to do that? I also have FLIRC USB + SKIP 1s

Thanks!

https://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/11418-any-way-to-get-the-json-for-device/&do=findComment&comment=29399 is where Jason advised how to do it with the flirc irtools.exe on Windows. I've had mixed success with it (sometimes the IR I capture just doesn't work) but certainly has helped me get a few missing buttons sorted. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, liambrown said:

https://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/11418-any-way-to-get-the-json-for-device/&do=findComment&comment=29399 is where Jason advised how to do it with the flirc irtools.exe on Windows. I've had mixed success with it (sometimes the IR I capture just doesn't work) but certainly has helped me get a few missing buttons sorted. Hope this helps.

That's even easier than what I did. I used debug mode in the Flirc USB software then pasted the output in irscrutinizer. I'll try this method too to see if I get anything different.

Not sure what I'm doing now... :)

I connected the FLIRC USB to my windows laptop and I launched the command ''irtools.exe decode -l'''

Then I was trying to point a remote controller (LED lamp) to the USB FLIRC to start learning the IR codes...but nothing happens.

It stays with the message below... what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.7e8e8de63bf17454fae12668129b6306.pngNo

4 hours ago, Miracle1980 said:

Not sure what I'm doing now... :)

I connected the FLIRC USB to my windows laptop and I launched the command ''irtools.exe decode -l'''

Then I was trying to point a remote controller (LED lamp) to the USB FLIRC to start learning the IR codes...but nothing happens.

It stays with the message below... what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.7e8e8de63bf17454fae12668129b6306.pngNo

Weird, I tried it last night and it worked for me. Although I still can't get power on working. But I did notice it stopped reading after a couple button presses, I'm sure you've tried but maybe try closing the cmd window and trying again. 

If all else fails debug mode worked pretty flawlessly for me, so maybe try that.