Flirc Forums

Logitech harmony 900 setup

slim75

Hi there.

Can some kind soul let me have their activity set up for using a harmony with flirc and xbmc on a htpc.

I have:

A Sony TV

A Yamaha ysp 2200 amp

Pc with xbmc

I've currently got it set up on an activity which switches the tv on, sets the amp to the right hdmi channel (and TV) but doesn't turn the pc on. If I switch the pc on manually and run xbmc, I then have to click on devices on the remote and select (Panasonic TV) to make the remote work with xbmc - this then stops me being able to adjust the volume on the amp!! How do I set up the activity to use both 'tv' devices automatically?

Currently feel like chucking the Logitech out of the window! I need it wifey friendly :)

Think I need a dummies step by step guide to get it to work :0

I realise this is not a flirc issue (as this brilliant bit of kit works flawlessly) - but looking on the Logitech forums makes me dizzy and I'm hoping someone here has a similar setup to mine and can run me through it play by play :)

Cheers

• Like 1

I then have to click on devices on the remote and select (Panasonic TV) to make the remote work with xbmc - this then stops me being able to adjust the volume on the amp!!

In the myharmony.com software. When you go into the device section (and there is a picture of your remote) you can change the volume buttons on the panasonic device to use another device when those buttons are pressed.

e.g. my remote (harmony 300). When i'm controlling xbmc with the xbmc device (panasonic), when I press volume up it sends a signal to the TV (not XBMC) to increase the volume.

I will agree with you, setting up the harmony remote is a hassle and a half!

Does this help?

Doh! Can't believe I missed that!! Thanks Chris.

Think I'll have to delete my activity and start from scratch - so I can get the remote to work in xbmc from startup. Logitech certainly don't make anything easy :)

Think it should have:

Sony TV - on and set to hdmi 1

Yamaha amp - on and set to hdmi 3

Htpc -on and setup as Panasonic or Samsung TV?

Does that sound right(ish)?

Don't worry about it, glad I could help.

Does that sound right(ish)?

Sounds good to me :)

It's about to get easier in the future as Flirc actually has an activity in the harmony software (http://blog.flirc.tv/flirc-has-a-harmony-profile/) but i'm not recommending it yet as it's still in beta.

Hopefully you can enjoy the nice bank holiday weather by staying in and watch stuff on your HTPC with Flirc ;)

• Like 1