Flirc Forums

Remote locking up when power button is pressed

infinitytec

My remote seems to be locking up when the power button is pressed multiple times within a short period of time. I then have to remove the batteries, wait a few seconds, and then put them back in.

I think that this may be due to the macros. I have a macro to send a power on command to the device and change the input on the receiver and one that sends the power off command and also changes the receiver input.

I have attached my configuration.

Remote Model SKIP.1S.RELEASE.A06

Firmware 4.12.13-0-g1393fac

Skip App 0.9.965.7346 [Nightly]

Couch Commander 6000.skip

I have had some similar experiences. I have macros on three of the color buttons that shut off a box and switch to another HDMI, then I would press the new activity key, then do the same color button to power on the box for the new activity. I think I went a little too quick pressing the activity button before the macro had finished and the remote locked up. If I make sure to wait until the LEDs stop before continuing my sequence, it seems okay.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2024 at 11:35 AM, Daniel Ethier said:

I have had some similar experiences. I have macros on three of the color buttons that shut off a box and switch to another HDMI, then I would press the new activity key, then do the same color button to power on the box for the new activity. I think I went a little too quick pressing the activity button before the macro had finished and the remote locked up. If I make sure to wait until the LEDs stop before continuing my sequence, it seems okay.

That seems to be my issue as well. I don't think it was a problem until I updated my config a few weeks back, and at that point the firmware and app were several versions behind.

On 3/12/2024 at 11:35 AM, Daniel Ethier said:

And it happened again. I was watching my Apple TV and wanted to switch to my Nextgen TV box on HDMI 1. So I did the yellow color button, waited until the LEDs stopped, and pressed the A button, but the remote was locked up. I had to remove the batteries and replace them. Then it worked again. The macro on the yellow button is shown in the attached image. Seems pretty simple.

pre-freeze macro.png