Flirc Forums

Firestick 4K Remote buttons

Rich Goodin

Hi All,

I just purchased a Firestick FLIRC and it is working as I expected. I've been unable to come up with the HID code for the TV button. I tried a number of suggestions on the web programming them with the command line tools with suggestions I found on the web. None work. Does anyone have this information?

Thanx

Here is what I'm seeing in the log:

08-17 09:53:59.011  1341  1362 I OZ-DCS:KeyPressReceiver: Received keyCode: KEYCODE_LIVE_TV
08-17 09:53:59.012  1341  1362 I OZ-DCS:CallbackBaseManager_KeyPress: notify callbacks: KeyEvent { action=ACTION_DOWN, keyCode=KEYCODE_LIVE_TV, scanCode=362, metaState=0, flags=0x8, repeatCount=0, eventTime=1408108, downTime=1408108, deviceId=6, source=0x301 }

I've tried this with no luck:

flirc_util record_api 0 KEYCODE_LIVE_TV

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2023 at 8:52 PM, Rich Goodin said:

For anyone else who is trying this it is:

flirc_util record_api 0x2 0x8d

This is interesting.  I did not know there was a cli tool.  So you are able to program all of the fire tv remote buttons to the FLIRC?  Could you provide more details on how you did it?  I tried reading more about the tool but the only link I could find was one about the record_api command the only function not available in the GUI and they have NO intention of documenting it beyond flirc_util.exe help record_api :/