This is my first post here so be gentle :)
I bought a flirc receiver 4 or 5 months ago. In general its working fine I can do what I need via the remote control without the need of the keyboard.
First let me explain what HW and SW I'm using.
- Acer Revo as media center player (media shared via network from my desktop)
- XBMC installed on the Revo Windows version over Win 7 Starter
- Universal Philips Prestigo SRT8215 remote control with TV, IPTV box and DVD player pre configured
The Revo doesn't have any remote only the wireless keyboard and mouse.
Now I will explain how I configured everything (it was a while ago so I don't remember every detail):
- Installed and Plugged the USB flirc SW/receiver
- Since I didn't have a remote for the Revo I decided to use the DVD player which was configured on the Prestigo. Note that this remote was configured manually since the DVD player didn't exist on the Philips database
- Selected the XBMC pre configuration on the flirc SW and adapted some of the keys to the tasks I wanted, left the main ones intact.
Now the problem:
Since the load of movies is increasing I decided to try and solve my problem, up until now I've been leaving with it but it becomes very annoying having to press the arrow keys repidately to pass to the next/previous movie.
Not sure if I'm making myself clear but in other words, when I use the original keyboard from the revo if I leave one of arrow keys pressed the browsing through movies continues basically I do not have to press the arrow key for each movie. Using the Prestigo this doesn't happen when I press and hold one of the arrow keys he only browses to the next movie nothing else so basically if I want to go a movie which starts with "L" I have to press and press and press.... to reach my movie.
How can I solve this problem?
Is it a problem of the DVD player remote I configured? Since it wasn't in the database may have some limitations
Is it related to any configuration on the flirc SW?
Thanks in advance for any support.