Flirc Forums
xenome

Flirc + Samsung bn59 remote control

Hi,

I can't pair my flirc with the samsung bn59-01242a remote control of my samsung smart tv.

The software does not recognize when I press some key of the remote control.

It works with any other remote control but not with this particular one.

Any help?

(Firmware v4.0.16)

(software v2.3.3)

mando-samsung-bn59-01242a-.jpg

Hi,

This is a Bluetooth based remote controller. You can't use it with anything else than a supported Samsung TV.

Flirc is an IR receiver. It only works with IR based remote controllers.

• Like 1

Just wanted to chime in here. That Samsung remote will send IR codes dependent on the device listing with the television. When setting up my Sony Soundbar, when using the Power Test..and choosing the second option, the directional pad + center button would work. Back button would not. When I reran the Power Test, and used the THIRD option..which also worked for my Soundbar, all buttons would transmit in IR. 

• Like 1

Hi there. 

I disagree this is a Bluetooth remote. It is also a smart remote. It can be set up to work with multiple set top boxes home theatre or game boxes. 

I can can set up most keys but for some reason flirc can't tell the difference between up and left. 

The up and left button works perfectly fine when tested on the tv and fetch box. 

Is there some type of log file I can send?

I found a work around for this so all good. I had selected my htpc smart remote as a xiaomi box I changed it to a roku. I.e. The tv smart remotes sends out the roku signals. I then mapped these to flirc. Works a treat.