Flirc Forums

Serial Number: N/A, strange date format

c.dennis

Hi,
2 questions here.....
- Just want to know if it is normal that i cannot see a Serial Number of my remote in the app and the date format is like 00/16/2023
- How do you know if there is a firmware update available for the remote ?

Edit: used 0.9.4 from the site
image.jpeg.256c03ed99c0640b448cbeba4a3bae11.jpeg

Edited by sb5

I am using MacOS latest beta.  The serial number is showing up now but the date just isn't showing up correctly.  I am having trouble switching remotes on the screen manually when nothing is plugged in and sometimes when one is plugged in the manual option doesn't work right.  When a remote is plugged in it has been picking the right profile, showing it is connected and is able to be synced.  I can't delete a remote profile but that can be fixed later.remote_info.thumb.png.6f3241918878c9f0ffe95e9d724ad132.png

3 minutes ago, virtualshock said:

I am using MacOS latest beta.  The serial number is showing up now but the date just isn't showing up correctly.  I am having trouble switching remotes on the screen manually when nothing is plugged in and sometimes when one is plugged in the manual option doesn't work right.  When a remote is plugged in it has been picking the right profile, showing it is connected and is able to be synced.  I can't delete a remote profile but that can be fixed later.remote_info.thumb.png.6f3241918878c9f0ffe95e9d724ad132.png

Thanks for these, that's extremely helpful. Can I trouble you for your logs? Let's enable admin mode real quick. Fire up a terminal and do: 

mkdir -p  ~/.config/SkipApp && echo -e "{\n    \"showAdminPanel\": true\n}" > ~/.config/SkipApp/config.json

You'll see a new tab at the top of the software. Head over there, go to app logs, and open that folder. Attach the logs. I'll get all these issues fixed in the next release.image.pngo

4 hours ago, jason said:

Thanks for letting me know. Is this windows? No problems setting up and syncing, is that correct? 

I'm using Windows 10, no problems setting up and syncing
Today serial number is just empty monday there was N/A
image.png.c3ad3d345feeccda18098ca06db9d187.png

image.png

Edited by sb5
Added 2x the same image

The main reason I asked if it's a problem that the date isn't format correctly and I cannot see the serial number is because I would very much like to receive future firmware updates for my remote. And perhaps if the app can't read my serial number it wouldn't be able to upgrade the firmware in the future?

4 hours ago, sb5 said:

The main reason I asked if it's a problem that the date isn't format correctly and I cannot see the serial number is because I would very much like to receive future firmware updates for my remote. And perhaps if the app can't read my serial number it wouldn't be able to upgrade the firmware in the future?

Valid concern but don’t worry. This is a UX implementation issue.