Flirc Forums

Just received my remote, app doesn't detect it

theboomr

I just got my remote in the mail and was very excited to bring it inside and start fiddling with it. I put the batteries in, and pressing the color button does light up the LEDs, as expected. I downloaded the app from the website and got it installed with no issues. But when I plug the remote into my computer, the status in the bottom right corner of the app just for a split second flickers to saying "Remote is connected" with a green dot, and in the bottom center it also briefly shows "SYNC", and then it goes straight back to "Remote is not connected" and "OFFLINE". I've tried several different USB cables, different USB ports on my computer (including USB-C, USB-A 3.0, and USB-A 2.0 ports), and I tried connecting the remote with no batteries in it as well, and finally I also tried restarting my computer (since I hadn't restarted since installing the app). None of that has helped, it just always does exactly the same behavior when I plug in the remote.

Any ideas? I hope my remote isn't defective, since I was very much ready to start using it this weekend.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I just signed up for the forum to report that I'm experiencing the exact same issue, and that I also tried the things you mentioned.

I really hope someone can help. It's quite frustrating.

Also, in case it's an important piece of information, I'm experiencing this issue on Windows 10, version 21H2, build 19044.2486.

• Like 1