Flirc Forums

Samsung TV and Soundbar not (yet) working

Arnold

Hi Flirc,

I did receive today the Flirc Skip and am excited to going to use it. 

The unpacking was great.
The installation of the Mac driver simple. 
My setup looks like this:
- TV: Samsung OLED 55S95B (2022 model)
- Soundbar: Samsung Q-series Soundbar HW-Q990B (2022 model)
- Settopbox: Arris 2952VIP. 

The TV and soundbar are not yet in the database. I don’t know which other models I could use. 
The settopbox seems to be working. 
I need the get the TV and Soundbar working to check if it all is working as required. 

Please assist. I can’t wait to able to use the Flirc Skip.  
Thx,
Arnold

Edited by Arnold

You can really just select any model. Pick whatever seems most likely. Samsung re-uses remote codes, so as long as you have Samsung as the brand, it will likely work. After you select one, you can hit the test button on that page in the app and if it turns your device on or off, you’ll know it’s working. 

see here for more info: https://skip-org.gitbook.io/skip-remote-guide/quick-start-guide

Thx Nathan.
The soundbar HW-Q990B, seems to be working chosing the HW-Q950T. 

The TV OLED QE55S95BATXXN, I don't seem to get working. I choose all available models: 
- HLS Series Only (Older Models) (TV)
- Most Models (TV)
- SPA Series All Models (Projector)

Please advise.

Thx,
Arnold

Edited by Arnold

8 hours ago, Arnold said:

Nope, Nathan. Configured an activity (B) and with one TV: Samsung, Most Models (TV). Did does not work.

This is really strange, samsung doesn't change codes. I pretty much exclusively use Samsung and all the models work with 'most codes'. I can't find the manual on the TV, but it looks like the remote is bluetooth/rf that comes with the TV. Are you able to confirm there is an IR receiver on the TV? 

It seems like to only work on bluetooth... That's too bad. Now I have to look for an other solution.
I ordered the Flirc before buying a new tv. Not realizing that it would only work with bluetooth

Would the Flirc USB be an solution for this?

Edited by Arnold

5 hours ago, Arnold said:

It seems like to only work on bluetooth... That's too bad. Now I have to look for an other solution.
I ordered the Flirc before buying a new tv. Not realizing that it would only work with bluetooth

Would the Flirc USB be a solution for this?

I was just going to suggest seeing if this was a possibility. Let’s see by trying a keyboard first. If the keyboard can control it, Flirc definitely can. If not, there is still a possibility, but it’s harder to test. Let me know.