Flirc Forums

Changing inputs on activity

MichaelSage

15 hours ago, MichaelSage said:

Got it! Thanks. I hadn't seen the manual before (my bad)! I think I have my harmony setup replicated and ready to go! :)

Awesome! And there's a very good chance we hadn't published the manual yet when you first got the remote, so missing it is to be expected. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to have the activity mode change trigger the button sequence? I'd like the inputs to switch around when I select the activity button (A/B/C) instead of using the Power or another button. I am able to add my "TV: Input HDMI 1" event to button C, but it doesn't seem to fire.  

11 hours ago, seaner said:

Is there a way to have the activity mode change trigger the button sequence? I'd like the inputs to switch around when I select the activity button (A/B/C) instead of using the Power or another button. I am able to add my "TV: Input HDMI 1" event to button C, but it doesn't seem to fire.  

This is a frequently requested feature, and yes, definitely possible. It's in the queue to get done, but we're currently focusing on getting all the Windows bugs fixed and making it easier to find and setup devices. I believe your request and long press are at the top of the feature request queue after that, off the top of my head. 

Can you send a screenshot of adding something to button C? This should not be possible right now. 

Has anyone gotten this to work? I have the following setup

image.thumb.png.a46eef1efd84be5a1ef278f3154a1cc3.png

This never changes the input to HDMI 2. My assumption is that after Power on, the remote will wait 10 seconds, then try to power on the cable box, wait 2 seconds (that's the delay for the cable box), then change the input to HDMI 2.

Is my assumption right? 

Attached is my config if that's helpful.

Living Room.skip

22 hours ago, infrb said:

This never changes the input to HDMI 2. My assumption is that after Power on, the remote will wait 10 seconds, then try to power on the cable box, wait 2 seconds (that's the delay for the cable box), then change the input to HDMI 2.

Is my assumption right? 

Living Room.skip 540.49 kB · 0 downloads

A quick test would be to put the HDMI 2 on an unused button, like the 2 button. Then wait for everything else to finish and hit the two button. If that works, we know there's a problem with the macro. If not, then the HDMI 2 command isn't working right.

On 2/19/2023 at 10:24 PM, infrb said:

image.thumb.png.a46eef1efd84be5a1ef278f3154a1cc3.png

Is my assumption right? 

Living Room.skip 540.49 kB · 0 downloads

Tried this too. I see the same. I startup my shield, then the TV and then the HDMI input to 2 after 10 seconds. The Shield + TV is turned on, but the TV does not switch to HDMI input 2.

• Like 1