Flirc Forums

Skip App v0.9.0 Beta

Nathan

OKAY! I got it. I tried on my windows 11 laptop, and still same issue as before, not actually installing the app. However, if i snag the msix file from my desktop before it gets deleted, then install the certificate of the msix to my local machine and then trusted certificates, I am able to install it. HOWEVER, upon plugging my remote in it just says "we were unable to obtain information from your skip remote." I'm assuming I don't have all of the dependencies, or something or other. But the app looks nice at least!

5 hours ago, dragged said:

i thought i could hacky hack it to work for me, even though i grabbed both the icon and msix file that gets deleted from my desktop after installation, nada. the windows app installer just fails to install package dependencies. hoping for an update soon :P

You shouldn't have to do this, it's probably the previous verison. Hang tight, I'll have a new installer soon.

14 hours ago, jason said:

You shouldn't have to do this, it's probably the previous verison. Hang tight, I'll have a new installer soon.

figured, but I was hoping to maybe get it working :P thanks for the quick response

the app works fine on my laptop, however, it will not communicate with the remote. it just says "we are unable to obtain information from your skip remote."

Edited by dragged

15 hours ago, jason said:

Just chiming in to say the same on Win 10/11, the installer opens the powershell then leaves an icon pointing to nothing on the desktop after running it as administrator. It won't run at all without admin access.

On 1/8/2023 at 6:10 PM, dragged said:

OKAY! I got it. I tried on my windows 11 laptop, and still same issue as before, not actually installing the app. However, if i snag the msix file from my desktop before it gets deleted, then install the certificate of the msix to my local machine and then trusted certificates, I am able to install it. HOWEVER, upon plugging my remote in it just says "we were unable to obtain information from your skip remote." I'm assuming I don't have all of the dependencies, or something or other. But the app looks nice at least!

Same for me. Looks like missing libraries on the installer. RIP.

1 hour ago, YugoNation said:

Same issue as some of the posters above, Windows 11 Latest Insider Dev Build/Surface Laptop Studio.  Powershell window comes up and then crashes out, install does not work but the icon does get put on the desktop.  Cheers and hope to see this fixed soon :)

Try this one

949781758_SkipAppInstaller.exe

2 hours ago, jason said:

Still no joy. I also get errors for SharedLibrary.dll and mrt100_app.dll. I'm able to copy them over from Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe and Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe, the cert errors only happen after the installer finishes, I assume as it tries calls the .exe directly but windows apps tend to hate that. When run from the icon on the start menu, I still get the "something went wrong, cant detect remote." (with no cert errors). Remote is detected as a HID input device. FWIW, your certs are installing finally.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 232724.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-09 233310.jpg

Edited by sWRbQTFGSIAW
My mind wanders on me

18 minutes ago, sWRbQTFGSIAW said:

Still no joy. I also get errors for SharedLibrary.dll and mrt100_app.dll. I'm able to copy them over from Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe and Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe, the cert errors only happen after the installer finishes, I assume as it tries calls the .exe directly but windows apps tend to hate that. When run from the icon on the start menu, I still get the "something went wrong, cant detect remote." (with no cert errors). Remote is detected as a HID input device. FWIW, your certs are installing finally.

Can you send a screen shot of the error you are seeing in windows? The one about the remote?

24 minutes ago, sWRbQTFGSIAW said:

Also. There should be a log file in this directory. Can you post that? 

Appdata should be in c:\user\‘account’\Local\Packages\1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_vg5akken3mtem\LocalState

7 hours ago, sWRbQTFGSIAW said:

Try the MSIX directly. Maybe it's the installer. I have never had these problems of missing dlls.

The issue with the msix, is that it has an installer, and it's a mystery where everything goes. I can't find it in the start menu unless I type Skip.

The certificate is a self signed dev certificate because we can not get our EV certificate we paid for to work in our continuous integration. I spent 30 hours on just this past weekend. If I sit there and sign it, it's fine, if buildkite does it, it wont work. I've tried 100 different ways, and I honestly give up. Windows documentation sucks, and I hate them with a passion for it. "Unable to sign, Unknown Error". Are you fucking kidding me! 

SkipApp-0.9.1-win-x64.msix

1 hour ago, jason said:

Try the MSIX directly. Maybe it's the installer. I have never had these problems of missing dlls.

The issue with the msix, is that it has an installer, and it's a mystery where everything goes. I can't find it in the start menu unless I type Skip.

The certificate is a self signed dev certificate because we can not get our EV certificate we paid for to work in our continuous integration. I spent 30 hours on just this past weekend. If I sit there and sign it, it's fine, if buildkite does it, it wont work. I've tried 100 different ways, and I honestly give up. Windows documentation sucks, and I hate them with a passion for it. "Unable to sign, Unknown Error". Are you fucking kidding me! 

SkipApp-0.9.1-win-x64.msix 41.84 MB · 0 downloads

I am also getting the missing dll errors when I try to launch from the desktop link after install. The msix file you posted does allow me to launch which then goes into the "Something went wrong" error that others have mentioned.

missingdll.PNG

wrong.PNG

23 minutes ago, tauwyt said:

I am also getting the missing dll errors when I try to launch from the desktop link after install. The msix file you posted does allow me to launch which then goes into the "Something went wrong" error that others have mentioned.

missingdll.PNG

wrong.PNG

We're working on this. Let's figure out if it's a system driver issue, or an issue with .net and our package.

Here is an app I created in an entirely different language to help play with the LED ring color. Can you try that to see if it works? 

** Edit **  - Just a note, this is nothing more than a quickly hacked up app, there are some transition issues when we change colors, all of this will be improved and cleaned up and pushed into the GUI when we work out these other more urgent issues.

RingTune.exe

32 minutes ago, jason said:

We're working on this. Let's figure out if it's a system driver issue, or an issue with .net and our package.

Here is an app I created in an entirely different language to help play with the LED ring color. Can you try that to see if it works? 

** Edit **  - Just a note, this is nothing more than a quickly hacked up app, there are some transition issues when we change colors, all of this will be improved and cleaned up and pushed into the GUI when we work out these other more urgent issues.

RingTune.exe 37.31 MB · 2 downloads

This app DOES change the ring color on the remote while plugged in to my windows 10 rig.

3 hours ago, jason said:

SkipApp-0.9.1-win-x64.msix 41.84 MB · 11 downloads

I can run this version of the app, but it still keeps crashing when hovering over my activity. The selected areas causes the app to crash.

image.thumb.png.cc942d53709b999eef2dcd3314759b80.png

Your base installer package is fine now that the correct password is included for the PFX certificate. For me, everything installs into 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_0.9.1.5229_x64__vg5akken3mtem' (link as I cant seem to attach files anymore https://i.imgur.com/RVYO6Qf.jpg)

I've noticed that when I connect the remote AFTER the main application is open and I've created a remote, it will flash the bottom left that it is connected and disconnected and pop the errors again. Seems the editor works fine, just cant download the configuration.

Is the remote supposed to show up as an HID device or do I maybe need a driver that is missing?

2 hours ago, sWRbQTFGSIAW said:

I folded and ended up installed a Mac VM and forwarded the device to it. Not an ideal solution but it appears I can program this thing now.

I'm sorry you had to do this. I assure you, I've been working 24/7 to solve this.

We have a new version posted publicly that hopefully addresses these. You can find them here: https://flirc.tv/products/skip1s-remote?variant=43489094729960#spec2

Closing this thread to make sure we don't continue mixing version feedback as that will be critical in helping us fix stuffs.

Paste feedback here: https://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/9938-skip-app-v092-beta/

• jason locked this topic
  • Nathan unpinned this topic