Flirc Forums

Skip App v0.9.0 Beta

Nathan

16 minutes ago, Klaus1 said:

Yes, I have the original remotes.

20221219_162147.png

Thanks for the pics. The one on the right is a windows media center remote. 

Im sure I can figure out what to do for the left one. It’s probably a generic remote. Did you get a flirc with your order?

On 12/18/2022 at 8:16 AM, Klaus1 said:

Hi,
I am from Austria, and are impatiently awaiting the device !
Following devices I cannot find in the database:
shuttle (Xpc)
Cambridge audio: AXR 100D
Sony: Playstaion5 

With many devices, finding something in the same brand that seems similar should get you most of the way there. If you add Audio - Cambridge Audio - Minx TV, TV2, and TV5, it might actually work fine. Worth testing when you get your remote. 

edit: needless to say, these more interesting remotes are where our plans for learning and creating a library of new remotes will be so useful. You guys who backed the kickstarter and pre-orders definitely sped up the time when we'll get to that point. 

Hi,
I found my set top box and TV but I have a hard time to find my Pioneer VSX-LX50 amplifier/receiver
I found several VSX-SC models in the app and the HTZ-LX/XV-LX series but i'm not sure if that would be a good match.
Could it be possible to add the VSX-LX50 model or the VSX-LX series in a future update?

Picture of the remote

AXD7491.jpg

Edited by sb5

On 12/19/2022 at 4:35 AM, sb5 said:

Downloaded both files, first opened the .exe file, that extraceted some files, next downloaded and tried to open the msix file but no succes.

Windows prompted with "Select an app to open this msix file" and two options Notepad or Windows Media player.

I have tried this in Windows 11 pro sandbox mode, what's going wrong here, am i missing something ?

Successfully installed the app in Windows 10, OMG the app is so nice, nice to work with !!
Keep up the good work, looking forward  to receive my remote (in february, still so long)

Hey thanks so much for the feedback. We are constantly improving it. 

What was the issue that you had and it wouldn't run? We have a bit of work to do on windows with an installer and a proper certificate.

Don't worry, should be faster than February. 

Installed the preview an macOS: looks very nice.
Little issue: Cmd-Q does not yet work.

Wanted to add my amplifier Cambridge Audio EDGE A. It is not yet on the FLIRC List. I suppose, that without device it's not possible to go on adding activities. Correct?

Here you can find the specifications for the EDGE A remote:
https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000250237-EDGE-A-IR-Codes
https://techsupport.cambridgeaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000271837-EDGE-A-RS232-Codes
Thank you for adding the device in your list.

Thank you very much for your short video on how to configure the power button ... by mistake/misunderstanding I tried to move my actions on the activity-buttons A,B and C (not on the power button), because I didn't understand that the power button can hold actions that are different/specific für the activity buttons.

What does this mean in real live: will you have to press the activity button first and then the power button, to tell the SKIP, which power-on sequence it has to start? Or will just pressing the activity-button A start the power-on-sequence that I have moved to the power-button for activity A?

Thank you very much for your short video on how to configure the power button ... by mistake/misunderstanding I tried to move my actions on the activity-buttons A,B and C (not on the power button), because I didn't understand that the power button can hold actions that are different/specific für the activity buttons.

What does this mean in real live: will you have to press the activity button first and then the power button, to tell the SKIP, which power-on sequence it has to start? Or will just pressing the activity-button A start the power-on-sequence that I have moved to the power-button for activity A?

On 12/22/2022 at 4:53 AM, Flieger37 said:

Yes, this is a change from how the Harmony remotes worked. With Skip, the activity button really does just change what the remote buttons do, it doesn't send any signals itself. This should allow for slightly more flexibility in how you use the remote, basically making it possible to flip between activities without being forced to shut down anything or run long macros in between. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Starslayer74 said:

Received my remote today... opened the software and plugged the usb cable in, and the software closes immediately... any suggestions?

Wohoo! Glad you got it! Let's figure out what's going on. Open without it plugged in, does it load okay? And then when you plug it in, does it crash?

7 minutes ago, Starslayer74 said:

Yes, it opens and stays up until I plug in the remote, then it crashes out. Windows 11. 

Thank you, that's helpful. Going to reproduce this and get a fix out asap. It looks like a windows issue. 

1 hour ago, jason said:

Thank you, that's helpful. Going to reproduce this and get a fix out asap. It looks like a windows issue. 

OMFG I want to bang my head against the wall. We've tested soooo much, and it was something really silly. We're going to push a fix. Hang tight.

1 hour ago, jason said:

OMFG I want to bang my head against the wall. We've tested soooo much, and it was something really silly. We're going to push a fix. Hang tight.

Thats always how it goes. I used to test video games for bugs, and there was always something we would miss that was so miniscule. Will the update be available in the application or is it going to be a manual download?

2 hours ago, Starslayer74 said:

Thats always how it goes. I used to test video games for bugs, and there was always something we would miss that was so miniscule. Will the update be available in the application or is it going to be a manual download?

https://flirc.tv/products/skip1s-remote?variant=43489094729960#spec2

Grab the new installer on the front page.

I have tried installing this version of the Skipapp several times on Windows 10 Pro with a reboot each time. The icon shows on the desktop but the app doesn’t seem to be installed. The app doesn’t show on the start menu and there isn’t a folder for it in the Program Files folder. 

The icon on the desktop attempts to open this:

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_0.9.0.5182_x64__vg5akken3mtem\SkipApp.exe"

I don’t have a file in my Program Files folder called Windows Apps. 

AC45911E-2975-4B68-8016-802C53339ACC.jpeg

Edited by Ric
Grammar

25 minutes ago, Ric said:

I have tried installing this version of the Skipapp several times on Windows 10 Pro with a reboot each time. The icon shows on the desktop but the app doesn’t seem to be installed. The app doesn’t show on the start menu and there isn’t a folder for it in the Program Files folder. 

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\1ee3f564-2cd0-4ef3-af35-da985b1d7f00_0.9.0.5182_x64__vg5akken3mtem\SkipApp.exe"

Did the previous msix work for you?

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I'm had the same problems on Windows 10 and at first it seemed to be a permissions problem. To start with the WindowsApps folder is there, it's just hidden, but trying to start the app I got This error:

image.png.4e88cac0457f72c1e888eeb3ec28753b.png

I tried to give my user account full control on the Skip folder in WindowsApps and inherit permissions down, but this didn't work and after having restarted/uninstalled/installed several times I now get the following errors when trying to install the app:

image.png.4854a62b19ef64c7f6828f18ca138f00.png

image.png.3fa8ad4ad78890f46af75975b8d7ecd5.png

The app seems to install though, but when I try to launch it I get the same errors.

Strangely enough I can run the .msix which informs me that a newer version is installed and asks me if I want to run that. This successfully launches the app but then I have the same problem as before: hovering over an activity or other specific areas causes the app to crash.

11 hours ago, Ric said:

I'm having same issue. Just got my remote on Saturday and never installed any version before. Ran as administrator, saw the powershell window flash and disappear, shortcut points to nothing. Also on Win10.

On 12/16/2022 at 10:31 PM, seaner said:

App 0.9.0, Mac OS 12.6.1 (21G217) on a Macbook Air with 13.3-inch (1440 × 900) display set to native resolution

One other bug I haven't noticed mentioned yet. The shortcut keys listed in the menus on the Mac version all seem to be inactive. Command-Q doesn't Quit, Command-, doesn't open Preferences, etc.

i thought i could hacky hack it to work for me, even though i grabbed both the icon and msix file that gets deleted from my desktop after installation, nada. the windows app installer just fails to install package dependencies. hoping for an update soon :P