Flirc Forums

Skip 1s Compatibility

Slaw

Hi Yall, 

Sorry if I just completely missed this on the website but is there somewhere we can see a list of devices Skip 1s is compatible with? I saw a reference to a "device database" but have not been able to find that either. 

This remote is very exciting but my receiver and tv are getting up there in age, and it would be great to confirm compatibility before pre ordering. 

Cheers, 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 10:29 PM, cascaman said:

I can't see compatibility with movistar TV decoders. This is important. Will them be available?

If you have the chance to test, try using Arris for the brand and VIP1113L IPTV Receiver for the model. This is evidently the version used by Moviestar. If that doesn't work, until we have implemented the ability to simply add and build new remote profiles, we can try working with you directly to create one.

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

If you have the chance to test, try using Arris for the brand and VIP1113L IPTV Receiver for the model. This is evidently the version used by Moviestar. If that doesn't work, until we have implemented the ability to simply add and build new remote profiles, we can try working with you directly to create one.

The newer UHD decoder is Humax, not Harris. I think that it is model PTT1000, that is not in the database. Is there in the database another compatible model? (for not to test ALL them one-by-one). If necessary, I can help you adding this model's remote signals to your database (but I have not received my Skip 1s / Flirc yet)

Thanks in advance! 

Ah, I see there are a bunch of Humax models. I’d say at this point the easiest thing to do is just to test whatever seems most likely. We eventually want to have a reverse search that figures out the model based on signals from your original remote, but still early for that. 

Once you have a flirc usb, Jason should be able to work with you to grab the exact codes.

Curious as to why the Skip 1s database is not available for the public to see. I can see it saving a lot of time in answering some of the questions regarding if "my" certain remote is on the list or not. I have a particular remote from a less known brand of set top media players and perusing the database on my own to see if it is on the list or not might end up being a bit of a time saver for both parties. So, is Dune, Egreat, Zidoo or Zappiti on the database list?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 10:44 AM, tommyboy39 said:

Curious as to why the Skip 1s database is not available for the public to see. I can see it saving a lot of time in answering some of the questions regarding if "my" certain remote is on the list or not. I have a particular remote from a less known brand of set top media players and perusing the database on my own to see if it is on the list or not might end up being a bit of a time saver for both parties. So, is Dune, Egreat, Zidoo or Zappiti on the database list?

Our software is public now and anyone can download it. It's a mysql database so we would have to make some web interface to view it online. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 9:42 PM, jason said:

Our software is public now and anyone can download it. It's a mysql database so we would have to make some web interface to view it online. 

Thanks. It would be good to know ahead of time so a request to add a certain remote could be done. My tv, 4K UHD player and av receiver are all pretty common brands (LG, Panasonic & Yamaha) so not to worried about those. I have a Zappiti Neo set top media player and I fear that one may not be on your list. It seems I can't do much with the software until I have the remote in hand so it does not do me much good.

Does the skip support Zappiti?

2 hours ago, tommyboy39 said:

Thanks. It would be good to know ahead of time so a request to add a certain remote could be done. My tv, 4K UHD player and av receiver are all pretty common brands (LG, Panasonic & Yamaha) so not to worried about those. I have a Zappiti Neo set top media player and I fear that one may not be on your list. It seems I can't do much with the software until I have the remote in hand so it does not do me much good.

Does the skip support Zappiti?

Looks like it does. 

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 1.37.21 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...