Flirc Forums

Shipping date?

Starslayer74

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2023 at 5:29 AM, nfragol said:

Hi guys,

How is the shipping going, when should we expect to get any update ?

We've actually slowed shipping to deal with a pretty big windows bug that's causing the remote to disconnect. I believe we're getting to a fix, and which point we'll start ramping up shipping again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi and good day,

I just received a shipping notice for the remote today.

To my surprise, this notice came from FEDEX. I initially thought that the shipping would go through the amazon network as was once posted on the comments on the kickstarter page.

My issue is that it seems now that due to me being in Europe I will probably need to address import taxes and VAT for this which will boost up the overall price substantially.

Is this the case or am i missing something. Please reply as soon as possible, its a major issue.

Edited by nfragol

2 hours ago, c.dennis said:

Hi, I'm also from Europe Belgium. Two weeks after I received my remote I got a letter from FedEx to pay € 9,90 additional import taxes.

Thanks for the reply, but i think that is unacceptable as this was asked multiple times in the comments.

Apart from that, i dont see any reason that we initially backed this in Kickstarter since the price and actually the delivery costs are the same on the flirc website. Nathan and Jason, you really need to address this matter.

Sites like Amazon, ebay, aliexpress just to mention a few have these import taxes in the final price. Thats the reason i brought up the amazon network.

An item with a initial cost of $39 coming to a final price of $67 or so, ($28 more) is not something that i would call reasonable.

We just could have waited for it to be available in a European store and got it from there. There wasnt any discount anyways.

Yes Nathan i understand, but this has come to an almost "double in money" final price tag on the remote.

If i knew initially that it would have come to paying close to $70 for the remote, i would have thought twice in pledging.

In the long run it seems that waiting for the remote to go through normal sellers channels would have ended it coming up cheaper.

Even the shipping cost is steep, but OK, its something that was initially clear. Import taxes were not, even though asked many times.

Dont get me wrong, I like your guys ideas and love your flirc products, but here i feel like you guys came up a bit short.

5 hours ago, nfragol said:

Yes Nathan i understand, but this has come to an almost "double in money" final price tag on the remote.

If i knew initially that it would have come to paying close to $70 for the remote, i would have thought twice in pledging.

In the long run it seems that waiting for the remote to go through normal sellers channels would have ended it coming up cheaper.

Even the shipping cost is steep, but OK, its something that was initially clear. Import taxes were not, even though asked many times.

Dont get me wrong, I like your guys ideas and love your flirc products, but here i feel like you guys came up a bit short.

Sometimes things don’t go as planned. 

I’ve backed three kickstarters, some from friends. Never saw two of them come to light.

No AZ fulfillment was a bummer, but at least it wasn’t a hardware issue. Would have been another 6 month delay. 

All things considering, we had a super aggressive promise, a couple bumps, I think we did alright.

22 hours ago, jason said:

Sometimes things don’t go as planned. 

I’ve backed three kickstarters, some from friends. Never saw two of them come to light.

No AZ fulfillment was a bummer, but at least it wasn’t a hardware issue. Would have been another 6 month delay. 

All things considering, we had a super aggressive promise, a couple bumps, I think we did alright.

Yeah, but that doesnt solve the issue, does it ?

As someone who just purchased through the website and not kickstarter, how long should I expect to wait for shipment?

I came looking for a flirc receiver and purchased the remote when I saw it. As a long time harmony remote user, I really want to find a replacement ecosystem.  Didn't realize this product was only just being shipped to the original KS backers.

I have the same question: I ordered back in early December and, at the time, it said that orders would be shipping out in February. Now the site says Spring. I've emailed to get an order status but got no response. When will site orders start shipping out? My Harmony remote is truly on its last legs and I could really use this!!

• 3 weeks later...