Flirc Forums

Cannot Delete/Erase Command

NJKA

Hi, I have a Harmony remote, which has two keys mapped to WinKey+Alt+Enter (Windows Media Center Start/Home)

I have tried deleting the combination using Erase in the GUI and the delete command from the CommandLine, Both methods report they succeeded, however the mapping does mot get deleted.

Attached is the config file if that is of any use.

Using the Samsung Romote profile on a Harmony 885, under Windows 7

Firmware version 153

For the time being I'll just just format the device.

Just tested the offending Key combo again after formatting and it deleted it fine this time, so maybe there is something in the coinfig file that may be useful for you.

PS..

Would be nice if the user saved config file was a readable xml file with entries for each mapped key, that way with problems like this, we could simply go in and manualy delete the offending xml keys, and then reload the file.

Thanks

Neal

Attached....Hopefully :)... need to always use the Add to Post?.

my_flirc_configbad.zip

The 153 firmware version was the fw_wake.bin. I saw that before the official firmware page.

Now switched to the official version from here http://blog.flirc.tv/?page_id=46.

However I've noticed that the Version 1 firmware also has the record wake command, yet on the page at http://blog.flirc.tv/?page_id=46. you say this is not availible until Firmware 1.1!

What is the current status of the sleep issue?

My computer will wake from sleep fine using any key via a standard keyboard when entering an S3 sleep state.

But I need to use the "special" record wake command with flirc.

If I use the following from the commandline

powercfg -devicequery wake_from_s3_supported

The list does not show either the flirc device or an additional HID Keyboard device (only the HID Keyboard device for the normal keyboard.

Another observation is that the Keyboard device for the Flirc has no Power Management tab in Device Settings.

So it would look like, currently the Flirc is not registering it self to be an S3 wake supported device. Is this correct?

Cheers

Neal

duk

Attached....Hopefully :)... need to always use the Add to Post?.

my_flirc_configbad.zip

The 153 firmware version was the fw_wake.bin. I saw that before the official firmware page.

Now switched to the official version from here http://blog.flirc.tv/?page_id=46.

However I've noticed that the Version 1 firmware also has the record wake command, yet on the page at http://blog.flirc.tv/?page_id=46. you say this is not availible until Firmware 1.1!

What is the current status of the sleep issue?

My computer will wake from sleep fine using any key via a standard keyboard when entering an S3 sleep state.

But I need to use the "special" record wake command with flirc.

If I use the following from the commandline

powercfg -devicequery wake_from_s3_supported

The list does not show either the flirc device or an additional HID Keyboard device (only the HID Keyboard device for the normal keyboard.

Another observation is that the Keyboard device for the Flirc has no Power Management tab in Device Settings.

So it would look like, currently the Flirc is not registering it self to be an S3 wake supported device. Is this correct?

Cheers

Neal

@ Neal

Does the special wake command from flirc work? I haven't gotten much feedback regarding that release.

Yes, the commandline will still show the wake command, and you will be able to successfully record to that command, however the firmware wont officially support this in v1.0.

Here are my plans:

I'm overwhelmed working out logistics right now. Programming, assembly, packaging take up most of my time and I'm working a lot right now to make this less intrusive to my day so I can continue with development on the GUI and firmware. The repeat firmware will be deployed soon. Once that is done, I will work on the 1.0 release of the GUI, then this will have my full attention as it's one of the last remaining puzzle pieces. Of course stay tuned to the blog or twitter feed where I will be announcing all these releases as well as any new beta firmware images to try.

Thanks Neal.

• 1 year later...

I'm also having a similar issue with version 1 firmware running on flirc 0.96. I can't delete the button from the gui, although I can remap it when I clear the configuration. Reloading the old configuration and trying to erase the button does not work, although i can set empty buttons correctly. This occurs whether I use a normal keystroke or a weird modifier keystroke (control-alt-shift-F). Any ideas on how to fix it? The reason I don't want to start from scratch is because I'm using flirc in combination with eventghost to control XBMC, and I've gotten deep into messing around with eventghost to get my perfect setup. Attached is my config file. Also, seconding the xml idea, an easy way to edit keystrokes would be really handy. 

vizio fix.fcfg

More information about this error: in both command line mode and in GUI mode, I can attempt to delete the key, and both mention that the deletion is successful. However, using "flirc_util keys" shows that the key is not deleted, and still remains. I tried multiple attempts to delete it in Gui mode, and it keeps saying "Erased Button". Trying to program a keystroke to replace it does not work, and gives the message "Button already exists." Certain other buttons can be programmed and deleted as normal, but not others. Any ideas?

Hi evilestegg, welcome to the forums

Just to check, how are you deleting the button?

In the GUI you delete the button by pressing delete in the GUI then the button on the remote control. This then deletes the pairing off the Flirc.

Is this what you are doing?

Hi evilestegg, welcome to the forums

Just to check, how are you deleting the button?

In the GUI you delete the button by pressing delete in the GUI then the button on the remote control. This then deletes the pairing off the Flirc.

Is this what you are doing?

Yes, that's what I've been doing.  Pairing and deleting in the GUI is not a problem for me up to a certain point. 

Oddly, most buttons delete correctly in GUI mode and in the command line up to a certain point (maybe after I've programmed ~30 keys or so). After that, deleting several other buttons fail, even though it displays a successful deletion attempt ("Erased Button" on the GUI, "Button Deleted Successfully" in the command line). The only way to delete these entries is to wipe everything out. I can still add entries, but I can't delete them.  I'm running Flirc Version 1.0.5 [fw_v255.9-18-geb49aca]  Firmware Version: 256 04-01-2013, so I think I'm up to date with firmware and software. I'm going to do more tests to see if there are any issues (try another PC or something), but please let me know if you have any ideas.

Yes, that's what I've been doing.  Pairing and deleting in the GUI is not a problem for me up to a certain point. 

Oddly, most buttons delete correctly in GUI mode and in the command line up to a certain point (maybe after I've programmed ~30 keys or so). After that, deleting several other buttons fail, even though it displays a successful deletion attempt ("Erased Button" on the GUI, "Button Deleted Successfully" in the command line). The only way to delete these entries is to wipe everything out. I can still add entries, but I can't delete them.  I'm running Flirc Version 1.0.5 [fw_v255.9-18-geb49aca]  Firmware Version: 256 04-01-2013, so I think I'm up to date with firmware and software. I'm going to do more tests to see if there are any issues (try another PC or something), but please let me know if you have any ideas.

Wow, does seem like a bug. I don't recall it being reported before.

Please report back after you do some more experimenting and i'm sure Jason will pick up on it at some point 

Thanks

• 10 months later...