Flirc Forums

USB randomly disconnects

whobday

It's currently in a USB 2.0 port, but I've tried it in every port that I have (2 - 2.0 ports and 2 - 3.0 ports) and it exhibits that same behavior.  Also, when programming the GUI crashes whenever I attempt to delete a mapping.  My keyboard and/or mouse works in each of the other ports.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem. Some days it works, then it suddenly stops working completely. This is actually the case with both USB sticks I own (one an older one, the other only a few days old). I cannot re-program the keys either because after installing 1.0.5 Windows gives me two error messages about a bootldr and USB BlueTooth? driver. One of my Flirc USB sticks is recognised by the software (connected) but the other one is not. The one that is recognised cannot be programmed because keys are already defined even though I cleared the configuration successfully several times. Programming has become a complete hit and miss affair. I also uninstalled the software and have reinstalled, all to no avail.

PS. I managed to get one of my FLIRCs working again by using the OSX version of the software (1.0.5) and that ran flawlessly.