Flirc Forums

How to deal with collisions?

Amuzzy

First off, I love the flirc. It's awesome, and I wish it existed thirteen years ago when I built my first HTPC.

I have an issue where there is a conflict or collision with my remote. If I press the up button too fast, it gets interpreted as an enter. In the past, with other products, I've seen this happen when the code for up is something like "0110" and enter is "00110011". I'm a new flirc user, so I don't know how to collect logs to verify this. If this is the case, is there any way to tweak the flirc to deal with this? Or am I left looking for a new remote?

Remoteis a directv rc65 using code 01640, because it uses all of the buttons. I believe the code is for a Sony UltimateTV dvr.

If I press the up button too fast, it gets interpreted as an enter.

This is the first time i've heard of this kind of thing happening. Sounds very strange.

You can try posting the configuration (file --> save configuration) and post it here. Unfortunately they're not easily readable so we'd need Jason to have a look at them and understand what's going on.