Flirc Forums

flirc for internal installation

fldc

It would be nice to be able to buy an alternative version of flirc for internal installation, I have small kids and a dongle sticking out would dissappear or break quite fast, and imo it looks better ;)

First thing I did when I got the device in the mail was to break it open and solder on a cable for internal usb connection and drilled a couple of holes in the htpc front and mounted it with a custom mounting bracket I made, works perfectly.

But unfortunately not everyone feels comfortable with a soldering iron so be able to buy this ready to go, possibly with a mounting bracket would be great. :D

So this is my simple suggestion and thank you for a great product!

post-7589-0-44619700-1374920312_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I agree - really useful for kids, but i'm not sure of an easy way to have an obvious universal way of doing to please everyone.

I like the look of your way for people who need it - if you felt like doing a guide it might help someone - no pressure though :).

Glad you like it!

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice to be able to buy an alternative version of flirc for internal installation, I have small kids and a dongle sticking out would dissappear or break quite fast, and imo it looks better ;)

First thing I did when I got the device in the mail was to break it open and solder on a cable for internal usb connection and drilled a couple of holes in the htpc front and mounted it with a custom mounting bracket I made, works perfectly.

But unfortunately not everyone feels comfortable with a soldering iron so be able to buy this ready to go, possibly with a mounting bracket would be great. :D

So this is my simple suggestion and thank you for a great product!

I need to do this very shortly.. Do you have wiring details please?