Flirc Forums

Strange (to me) Interaction Between Samsung and Shield Remotes

jtconte

I’m a newbie to Flirc. Purchased it so I could control a 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro with my URC RF20 remote which controls equipment in a cabinet. Setup the Flirc on my iMac for the Gen 2 Shield remote and used an older, no longer used, Roku IR remote to record the key presses. Success! Then I discovered that the universal Samsung TV remotes Menu command also caused the Shields System Menu to open. And the Up, Down, Left, Right and Select commands as well. So I found a very old TDK CD Recorder remote and used its Display button to record the Shields System Menu command to see if I was on the right track. That didn’t work. I’m clearly not getting it so I’m asking for some guidance.

2 hours ago, jtconte said:

So I found a very old TDK CD Recorder remote and used its Display button to record the Shields System Menu command

Can you describe this a bit more. Do you mean you recorded the command with flirc and my software?

I appreciate your help!

When I tried re-recording it using the same Display button on the TDK remote it said it had already been recorded so I used a different button on the TDK remote and it recorded successfully. But it still has the same problem- both menu's open when I use the TV's menu button.

Edited by jtconte

I don't even know what ADB debugging is.  Do not see that in the Advanced settings window, which I never looked at till now. 

Are the Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, Menu, etc. remote codes the same in my old Roku remote as the Universal Samsung TV remote, the Shield Pro remote and the TDK remote?

Don't different manufacturer/device models have unique codes for the same buttons?

Edited by jtconte