Flirc Forums

[Windows] How to make your PC SLEEP/WAKE by pressing a button on your Remote

eskro

I have the same problem with 2 different boards. Flirc used to wake up an old Acer Revo in Windows, but no luck with these.

Boards I'm using:

Asus P8H77-I

Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI

I can wake using an MCE IR adapter. Tried latest beta and older betas with recorded wake command. Using both Windows7 and 8.

I have the same problem with 2 different boards. Flirc used to wake up an old Acer Revo in Windows, but no luck with these.

Boards I'm using:

Asus P8H77-I

Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI

I can wake using an MCE IR adapter. Tried latest beta and older betas with recorded wake command. Using both Windows7 and 8.

Scratch this completely. I didn't realize that I needed to set enable suspend_detect in the beta firmware. Worked great on the Gigabyte board above. Haven't tested on the Asus P8h77-i, but I noticed that others were having the same issues with the P8 series boards. Maybe their fix is as simple as enabling sleep detection. I'll check back in once I get confirm that it's working (or not) on the Asus board.

• 2 months later...

Scratch this completely. I didn't realize that I needed to set enable suspend_detect in the beta firmware. Worked great on the Gigabyte board above. Haven't tested on the Asus P8h77-i, but I noticed that others were having the same issues with the P8 series boards. Maybe their fix is as simple as enabling sleep detection. I'll check back in once I get confirm that it's working (or not) on the Asus board.

I would also like to be able to wake my PC with the FLIRC dongle.  Where can I download the beta firmware from?

If it matters I am using an MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 motherboard and Windows 7.  I don't see the "Power Management" tab in the USB Device's "Properties" dialog.

• 3 months later...

Question i have the flirc XMBC and my usb wake is working, by pressing any button. But how do i attach an event for power off. I read through this and i'm just blanking. maybe i am missing something.  I am sorry if i missed it. 

Zotac id-34BR

Harmony ONE

WIn 7 

XBMC

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your explenation Eskro!

For some reason my button works fine as long as i am on my desktop. Once I enter XBMC in full screen mode it will no longer respond to the shortkey I connected to the sleep shortcut. 

Is there anything I could have done wrong, or maybe a workaround?

Have everything working, PC will even wake up from sleep mode. Just can't get it to go to sleep mode from xbmc.

Thank you in advance,

Glenn

• 3 months later...

I recently just got a Flirc and managed to get it to both wake up the computer and put the computer to sleep, but I've only been able to accomplish this by assigning this to two separate buttons.  Is there any way I can double up on the power button so it is a sleep/wake button kinda like the play/pause button?

Thanks!

• Like 1