Flirc Forums

Can't update to 3.25.4

benjamin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Same as above.  I have a newly purchased Flirc USB v2.  Load I downloaded was:  "Flirc-Setup-3.25.4", but after install GUI "About" command shows :

• Flirc GUI Version: v3.25.3
  • Git Version: 3.25.3-15-gc366d26+
  • Gt Branch: (detached

Based on Qt 5+

The alert box advising of new s/w availability looks as per attached screenshot:

Flirc_2021-06-22_14-23-30.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yup...here's another "valued customer" with the same issue. Can't get the 3.25.4 to install and drivers are not installing either on a NUC 11i5. I'm going to try to install V3.20 and see if that at least will get the drivers installed. It's a shame we can't get some sort of answer to this. I know and realize the boss is one man and very busy but damn how about taking a day now and then to answer some of these problems.

EDIT: I uninstalled 3.25.3 then rebooted then installed 3.20. This reported my Firmware was not supported because it was newer than what V3.20 supports. Left 3.20 in place and then installed 3.25.4. It installed and it's working but it's still not V3.25.4. About info shows V3.25.3-15-gc366d26+. My FLIRC device is a gen 1 all is working just can't get past this present version.

Edited by flhthemi

• 2 weeks later...

Updating from withing the app errors out with a 'check your internet connection' message (and yes, my internet connection is fine). Trying to download the Windows app from the Flirc website says it's the MacOS version. No thanks. The MacOS download link also says MacOS. Plan C, anyone?