Flirc Forums

XBMC Control - Add missing essential key(s)

steveq

I'm using my FLIRC with a Raspberry PI running XBMC (Xbian) - I wondered for age how the hell I'm supposed to delete a content source in XBMC, then I found it  .... context menu .... only that key (defaults to "c" in xbmc) is not part of your XBMC controller key-set..... arrgh !!

Solved easily of course by switching to keyboard layout and mapped MENU on my remote to "c" - simple, but oh so much simpler if you actually had context menu on your XBMC key-set. 

Did I miss something ? I cannot believe that you left out the menu key, xbmc is unusable without it.

Hi guys,

There will be a new Flirc GUI with the new flirc firmware (that will correct some errors in the previous XBMC preset), hence the delay in the new firmware. There is another delay in the new firmware but that isn't related to any Flirc feature but is really awesome all the same.

I hope you're enjoying your Flircs

Hi guys,

There will be a new Flirc GUI with the new flirc firmware (that will correct some errors in the previous XBMC preset), hence the delay in the new firmware. There is another delay in the new firmware but that isn't related to any Flirc feature but is really awesome all the same.

I hope you're enjoying your Flircs

Cheers, great to hear, and yes Flirc rocks - although its a little expensive (in comparison to the price of the RPi I use it with), its saved me many hours of effort to get the RPi working just right.

• 1 year later...

Cheers, great to hear, and yes Flirc rocks - although its a little expensive (in comparison to the price of the RPi I use it with), its saved me many hours of effort to get the RPi working just right.

You cannot compare the price for a rpi, which is produced in a high count amount, to the flirc-one-man-show ;)

And the rpi's price depends on the "thought of education".

And finally: compared to a similar mce compliant remote including the needed ir receiver it's quite the better value :D

Edited by Nobuddy0816