Flirc Forums

How to map the +

eug7

Unless you're running the newest beta..... just thought of that, he took the GUI out right?

New GUI is coming when firmware progresses from beta.

You can use the current GUI to program the beta (see beta thread for more info) - just not 100%

I digress though, I'll save the beta talk for the beta threads

Using shift and + doesn't work for me but just mapping to just the =/+ works. But, maybe someone can shed some light on why if I use my RF keyboard and hold down hit the =/+ while using Plex volume will continue increment up (as long as I hold the key down). With the IR remote I'm using with the Flirc and Plex if I hold down the button down I mapped for volume it will only increment a smidge. I have to repeatedly press the button to increment the volume. Is this an IR remote issue or the particular remote I'm using?

I have a broken Viewsonic VMP75 media streamer. I'm using its remote. You can see the remote pic in the link. Ideally, I would want to use the Boxee remote but they're out of production now. One sold for over $100 on ebay a a week ago or so. For a while Dlink sold the Boxee remote with an RF dongle. The Boxee remote has all the essential navigation buttons on the front and the qwerty on the back if you want to hit the "i" button for example for media info (in Plex). A full on RF keyboard is way to clunky and I'm not impressed with the mini versions out there. The Boxee remote also feels right in your hand.

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/ViewSonic_NexTV_VMP75_Review.htm