Flirc Forums

Long press with Kodi

toii

I am trying to configure FLIRC USB v2 with Kodi.  It is all working fine apart from being able to use long-press of the Enter key to access the Context menu.  I am using an LG Magic Remote programmed to emulate a Samsung Blu-Ray remote. 

If I use the original Samsung remote and long-press the Enter key, the context menu in Kodi appears ok. 

If I use the LG Magic Remote and long-press the Enter key it just acts like a short press of the Enter key. 

I think I need to assign the 'C' key to the long press of the Enter key but whenever I try and assign a command to the long-press of the Enter key I get a message indicating that it is expecting the second key (macro?).  I can successfully program a number key on the remote to be the C key which opens the context menu.  I just cannot get the long press to work.

What I want is:

short-press of Enter key = Enter key on the keyboard

long-press of Enter key = C key on the keyboard

It seems that there are limited functions that the long press can be applied to and the C key is not one of them.  So I have changed my Kodi keymap so that the context menu isnow accessed by pressing the Tab key instead of the C key.  I used the long press on the Enter key of my remote to map to the Tab key.  It accepted it ok.  I also mapped some of the numeric buttons on my remote to the Tab key.  If I long press the Enter key on the remote Kodi will still not open the context menu.  If I press one of the numeric keys on my remote that I mapped to Tab, the context menu does open ok.  This long-press function is proving very difficult to get to work

I have tried using Notepad as a test.  Pressing the numeric buttons I programmed as Tab enters a tab into the document.  Long pressing the Enter button just creates a new line in the document just as short pressing the Enter does.  So the problem is that the long press is not  being recognised as being different to the short press. Below are my settings.  Can anyone help me work out why the long press of the Enter button is not sending the Tab?  I think index 6 is the recorded long press of the Enter button

I have a feeling the problem may be the remote.  The TV recognises long press of the buttons that are not programmable ones.  Eg the Settings button on the remote does two different things for long and short press.  But I think these buttons are using Bluetooth (not IR) to send to the TV.  

When it is emulating the Samsung Blu-Ray player remote, the programmable buttons  on the remote send IR commands.  Perhaps the remote doesnt recognise a long press of these buttons any differently to a short press?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc>flirc_util.exe settings

FW Version: v4.9.3
   SKU:     Flirc 2.0 [dori]
   Branch:  master
   Config:  release
   Hash:    0xCB185BDE

Settings:
  sleep detection:  always enabled
  noise canceler:   always enabled
  inter-key delay:  N/A for current firmware
  variant:          Flirc
  builtin profiles: NA