Flirc Forums

Working great.

Spydawg

Received my Flirc today, set it up for my Windows XBMC Box and my older Logitech Harmony 656 remote and it's working great!

I set up my Logitech Harmony 656 remote as ASUS O!Play HD2 remote, ran Flirc software to program the keys, loaded up XBMC and its running great, no lag when scrolling through the menus, doesn't miss a button press or pause and then jump ahead like I have read other posters here complain about.

I did grab an old remote I had that had a few other keys that the Asus O!Play remote didn't have and programmed them in with the learn IR option in the Logitech Harmony software, like the 0 to 9 number keys, record button and the guide button, info etc etc.

I did not adjust any delay options in the Logitech Harmony software for the remote, I left it at the default settings.

I can now put that big old keyboard away and use just the one remote.

OK after using it for awhile, I did find 1 issue. The back/return key (The Backspace key on a keyboard) works fine when I'm browsing in Movies, it'll back out of a movie to the list of movies when I hit the backup/return key on remote. BUT if I'm browsing my TV Shows it'll jump back to home screen not back to the list of TV Shows, so if I'm in TV Show Fringe/Season 5/ and I want to back up to Fringe/ to go to Season 4. It'll jump all the way back to the Home menu.

Strange it works in the movies but not tv shows.

Anyway to bind the back/return key on the remote to the keyboard backspace key? That's the default back key in XBMC.

Thanks so much for the posts! Great to see some positive feedback, I really appreciate it.

Not to worry, you can do this with the shell, flirc record backspace, or flirc record delete.

Windows / Linux ships with the shell, the mac doesn't, let me know if you need it for the mac.

I was going to set up the remote using the keyboard layout in flirc but it doesn't have the backspace key!

It does but it is erroneously labelled as "Delete" (notice there are two delete buttons in the GUI layout). Backspace is where backspace normally is on a keyboard.

It does but it is erroneously labelled as "Delete" (notice there are two delete buttons in the GUI layout). Backspace is where backspace normally is on a keyboard.

Ahh I'll look again today for the backspace key.

Any how too on entering shell commands for flirc?

Thanks again.

Any how too on entering shell commands for flirc?

Basically this guide:

but instead of:

(For Linux and Mac)

./flirc record wake
[/CODE] (For Windows)
[CODE]
flirc.exe record wake
it would be: (For Linux and Mac)

./flirc record backspace
[/code] (For Windows)
[CODE]
flirc.exe record backspace