Flirc Forums

Need to press every button twice

PeterC

Hello!

I use Flirc v2 together with a Logitech Harmony One+ on Debian Buster (10.4) and MythTV.

On the Flirc I have selected a full keyboard layout.

The problem is that I need to press every remote button twice for the command to work.

Before I bought a Flirc I used ir-keytable and did not experience this problem.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Peter

Interesting, I thought it was just me and my old Hauppauge 45 button remotes.  Assuming it's the same issue I have it goes back 7+ years (see my post from 2013). 

I thought there was a fix for it at one point, but maybe not officially released.  I just tried setting up a gen1 Flirc with the H45 remote again today and am having the same issues.

I too am using ir-keytable with the H45 remote on my ODroid N2 (with built-in IR) running CoreElec with no issues.  The N2 is probably over-kill for Kodi, but man is it a rocket!  The ODroid C4 (also has built-in IR) appears to be very comparable to the RPi4 and if I don't have to buy the Flirc (and a new remote) it would be a fair amount cheaper solution too.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same here. I would like to use my Flirc 2.0 [dori] with a Zotac remote, but it only reacts to every second keypress.

# evtest --grab /dev/input/event3

[First press]

Event: time 1613386729.571849, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value 70027
Event: time 1613386729.571849, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 11 (KEY_0), value 1
Event: time 1613386729.571849, -------------- SYN_REPORT ------------
Event: time 1613386729.700038, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value 70027
Event: time 1613386729.700038, type 1 (EV_KEY), code 11 (KEY_0), value 0
Event: time 1613386729.700038, -------------- SYN_REPORT ------------

[Second press -- Nothing]

Frank

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same issue with my XBox 360 remote, but this seems to be a known issue with some remotes with a really simple fix. You just have to program the same button twice. The issue seems to be because some remotes do actually send alternate codes with each button.

When I program my remote to for example sent Ctrl-P to my HTPC, I use the Flirc program and press Ctrl, then P in the GUI and then press the "Play" button on my remote. The program confirms the button was recorded. Then I do it again, and once again, it confirms it was recorded. At this time I am done and the Play button will always send Ctrl-P to my HTPC.

If I did the same thing 3rd time, it would say that the key has already been programmed.

Have you tried this?