Flirc Forums

FLIRC/FireTV and FLIRC/Shield - interferance

Dax

My setup includes NVidia Shield and FireTV with Logitech harmony elite remote.  This is how they are currently added to Harmony.

Shield + FLIRC 1 : programmed into harmony as:  Mfgr: FLIRC, Model: Shield
FireTV + FLIRC 2 : programmed into harmony as:  Mfgr: FLIRC, Model: FireTV

Everything works well, but when I try to control either device, both devices react to commands, I am guessing IR codes may be common for these devices. I have been reading this forum hoping to find a solution to get rid of this interference.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jason, I am not very clear on how to pair using FLIRC software.  I do have the software installed and both FLIRC f/w up to date.  This is exactly how I set it up:

I just connected FLIRC to each device (firetv and shield).  Then using Logitech software, I added two devices as flirc/firetv and flirc/shield assuming Logitech database already had coded needed to control both these devices.

I understand that I can connect FLIRC to a computer and using the software, I can learn remote buttons.  But I not exactly sure what I need to do to learn Shield and FireTV remotes because neither remotes have IR blasters on them.

flirc1.jpg

Just to clarify, I am using Harmony smart control and elite universal remotes.  

I have been doing more reading and found that since Harmony's database already has codes for FLIRC/FireTV and FLIRC/Shield, there is no need to reprogram anything using FLIRC software, is my understanding correct?  (see option 1 in this article:  https://mediaexperience.com/flirc-remote-control-companion/). 

I have 8x8 HDMI matrix with 6 different devices connected to it, two of them being Shield and FireTV.  Currently if I am on FireTV activity, and press right, left, up, or down keys, it also does same on Shield device.  So, somehow both devices appear to understand same set of codes.  Not sure how can I fix this. 

8 hours ago, Dax said:

Just to clarify, I am using Harmony smart control and elite universal remotes.  

I have been doing more reading and found that since Harmony's database already has codes for FLIRC/FireTV and FLIRC/Shield, there is no need to reprogram anything using FLIRC software, is my understanding correct?  (see option 1 in this article:  https://mediaexperience.com/flirc-remote-control-companion/). 

I have 8x8 HDMI matrix with 6 different devices connected to it, two of them being Shield and FireTV.  Currently if I am on FireTV activity, and press right, left, up, or down keys, it also does same on Shield device.  So, somehow both devices appear to understand same set of codes.  Not sure how can I fix this. 

Oh shit, I know what's going on. Sorry.

You have two devices. For convenience, each device is setup to work with the harmony profiles out of the box, but can't know what it's plugged into. So all are enabled.

Download my software,

insert Flirc1. Go to file->Advanced. Disable All but Shield. Plug back in shield.

insert Flirc2. Go to file->Advanced. Disable all but firetv. Plug back in firetv.

So sorry about that.