Flirc Forums

MouseKeys and moving the cursor

gixser

Folks: Wondering if anyone has any success using MouseKeys in Windows 7/8 to control cursor movement. (Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use)

I've tried enabling MouseKeys and then mapping the the up, down, left, right keys to the desired buttons on my remote but it doesn't seem to work in Windows 8. Just wondering if this is possible or not. Seems like it should work to me.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

+1

This would be really great.  The only reason I need a mouse is when navigating titles in web-based Netflix in Windows.  I keep a Bluetooth mouse nearby, but it isn't that convenient and I need to make sure it's charged.

It would be great if we could use mouse keys in combination with long key presses in FLIRC.  So for example if you tap the "6" button it would do 6, but if you press and hold the 6 button it would do Numpad 6 which would be mapped to mouse keys.

I'm also wondering if autohotkey might be able to help out with mouse movement.

• 4 months later...

I solved the problem by using two programs.

FLIRC to translate the remote to keystrokes,

and

NEATMOUSE to translate the keystrokes to mouse control.

http://neatdecisions.com/products/neatmouse/

I've also control my system volume the same way.

FLIRC to translate the remote to keystrokes,

and

Volume2 to translate the keystrokes to volume control and display of volume level.

http://irzyxa.deviantart.com/art/Volume2-is-an-advanced-Windows-volume-control-270152280

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...