Flirc Forums

A fuller Full Keyboard?

crawfish

It would be nice for the Full Keyboard to be expanded from F13-F15 (which I know are physically present on some keyboards) to the full F13-F24 set that Windows supports. This would allow me to use Flirc on my PC as I've been doing for years with my MCE receiver and the ReportMappingTable registry value, where I translate MCE remote buttons to F13-F24 combos. I use Autohotkey to intercept those otherwise unused, non-conflicting keys and translate them into keystrokes for the various programs I'm targetting, like Kodi and other players. On my universal remote, one input handles a multitude of PC programs, all using the same buttons, which are translated to the appropriate keystroke values depending on which program has the focus. Any chance this could be implemented?

• 8 months later...

this would also be nice for nvidia shield. I have remote buttons set for f1-f15 and an app called button mapper can then assign functions to these buttons. It works really well. 

more function buttons (or possibly a 2nd language keyboard?) would be helpful because i want to use a bluetooth keyboard to type movie names etc.. so i wont be able to use most of the keys on the keyboard. 

Another idea is to make a mode where the key is translated as ctrl+alt+shift+(letter)

When i tried this, all it would see was left ctrl.

lmk what yall come up with!

• 3 years later...

I second this idea. Somewhere on the extensive priorities list.

If I'm not mistaken, the keypad Enter is different than the Return key, true, but I got it wrong before (of how things work).

And all the keys I can't press on a standard (US International) keyboard, so I can't start a script by accident, and bind it (a script) to a Greek alpha for example. If I'm not mistaken (or uneducated or not curious enough/lazy) how it works. Much like the F16-F(number).